ForumsSupport Forumspellcheck? i donte speell to goode...

6 1933
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

Has anyone ever suggested a spellcheck feature? I think it would make the forums run smoother. Too many people cry about poor spelling and turn a debate into a intelligence competition.

• 6 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Use word/open office, and c/p it to notepad after doing the spell check. Then c/p it to this forum.
Anyway, I do not think it has been suggested before, though it probably have along with and edit button and so...

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Yep, been suggested before. It really isn't need, just download firefox, and it will have ared line under misspelled words.

Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

Yea if you have firefox it will underline the word with red so you will know if its right or wrong.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Use word/open office, and c/p it to notepad after doing the spell check. Then c/p it to this forum.
Anyway, I do not think it has been suggested before, though it probably have along with and edit button and so...
Copy/pasting into Notepad (or TextEdit) won't get rid of the curvy "s and 's, it needs to be written in them, or in Word/OpenOffice with the thingy that changes them automatically turned off.
Can't remember if Notepad spell checks, but TextEdit does...

But the simplest solution really is to just get FireFox and make it do the spell check for you.

Though, many people just don't care... It's not that they don't know how to spell, they just don't bother constructing sensible sentences (with the variations: no capital letters, all caps, no punctuation, only full stops, no line breaks (meaning it's all one big block of text), etc).
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Like every one else said, just use FireFox. You can customize it, it has spell check and tons of other great features to improve your browsing experience. [Misspelled about 5 words, including misspelled on word in that. Thanks to FireFox I changed them all to the correct spelling!]

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

For starter; many computers have this option in them... and I don't even think coding this into the website would be possible! And if your computer doesn't have this; just go to any text software you may have and spell check away!

Showing 1-6 of 6