ForumsNewcomers ForumMerit Questions Answered

598 113195
Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
305 posts

Welcome to Armor Games Newcomers!

This will be a guide on how to get merits(what is needed), how you actually receive them(who gives them out), and anything else about
Merits.

What is a merit?
A merit is a reward. Not a given. In other words don't ask for a merit.
A merit is a reward worth 25AP(Armor Points) It's the biggest amount of points you can receive on Armor Games at one time.

Who can give someone a Merit?
There are two people. The moderators, and Administrators.

What is the purpose of a merit?
There are two main purposes of a merit. One is to reward a user on his/her efforts to help out the game developer.
And that leads to the next purpose. The second purpose of a merit is to help the game developer. He/she wants positive criticism, and to know what people liked, and didn't like. this is so that he/she can improve upon the game.

How do I receive a merit?
By not asking!
Never ask. It greatly diminishes your chances of receiving one.
You get a merit one of two ways. One is for giving a detailed review of a game. You should cover all of the major things, and use proper grammar, and spelling... (We will cover what you should cover in order receive a merit later on.)
The other way is to compete in a contest in the Forums and win. If a moderator is running the contest, he/she might be giving a merit
away as a reward.

What is wanted in a Merit?

.::this us solely based upon common sense, and my experiences::.

Basically most moderators want four main things.
They want what you liked, and what you disliked about the game, and why. Because it is important to know what people liked, and disliked(for the game developer). Another thing to include would be Who you would suggest that particular game to(i.e. RPG, Fantasy,
action gamers). I like to include a warning there too. Like if the game has excessive swearing, or blood I warn gamers. the last thing to include would be your overall rating of the game, and why you rate it that way.(don't forget to actually rate the game )

Those are the main things to include. There are a whole lot of other things that you could include(no particular order):

..::::::::::::::::::::::::::..
game improvements/suggestions
storyline(if any)/concept
game play
difficulty
controls
sounds
recommend to players
overall rating/why
some Tips

You should also try to use bigger words other than "good/bad" Here are some I've used in the past for substitutes for common words.

Good: excellent, first-rate, pleasing, splendid, stupendous, superb, wonderful
Bad: cheap, crummy, not good, unsatisfactory, substandard, inferior
interesting: amusing, attractive, captivating, elegant, enchanting, exotic, impressive, intriguing, pleasing, unusual
weird/strange: grotesque, kooky, strange, uncanny, odd

But above all!
Write the merit how you write. Some people write the category, and then write what they liked about that category...

EX/
game play: the game play is, blah blah bla...

difficulty: this game is blah blah bla....
---------------------------------------------------------------
but most people write it like a paragraph.

This concludes my Merit guide. If anyone has any questions about anything feel free to ask me on my Profile. Or refer to Here

I hope this has helped some of you new people understand everything about merits.

Until next time,

~Binary Illusion.

• 598 Replies
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,935 posts

Sorry for double posting(I really am. this happened to me before).But do you know where I can find the ranking system on the serf,squire,king etc. How many ap do I need to become a silver squire.

Zophia
Zophia
9,472 posts

so that's why I couldn't get a single merit. i'll try it your way binary_illusion.But wait do you get merits on forums or only in comments about the game?
Merits for game reviews can only be obtained by posting the review on the game. Not on a profile, not in the forums.
The only merits you can earn from the forums, are the contest prizes.
IAMMERCY
IAMMERCY
311 posts

thanks for tips

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,935 posts

thanks i've been posting so much I thought it would get me a merit. But is there any link I can find how many ap does it take to become a silver squire and so on?

Cenere
Cenere
13,743 posts

The post under this, it was:
Points?

guynametyler
guynametyler
20 posts

Umm well this is good news. I can use my high-school words and get AP for it.

Btw is lulz count as a good word to use.
^.^ sarcasm much.

infedell
infedell
14 posts

thank you for telling me what a merit is.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
305 posts

@Guynamesyler, that is actually a good question. Even though you were sarcastic.

You don't really have to be uptight, and strict when writing a merit. You have to use proper grammar, and spelling. I personally have used ':P lol :S' and other smiles in my comments, and have received a merit for them.

Hope this helps.

~Binary

Zophia
Zophia
9,472 posts

Yeah, it does very much depend on which mod sees them, actually.
I know Strop has some really strict views on what deserves a merit, while others think a decently filled out template is good enough.

And wee. I am finally starting to write reviews again. *hopes they're merit worthy*

TheRageOfHeaven
TheRageOfHeaven
19 posts

I was looking for this topic thanks

IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
351 posts

Oh well i guess i wont be able to earn a merit if i cant create a game as well but oh well ill just keep earning and hopefully i could be a king

Beanis
Beanis
26 posts

any more questions that need to be answered?

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,605 posts

There's a few grammatical errors, but overall great rundown for merits.

DFrancoiz
DFrancoiz
13 posts

excellent I glad to have learned this i will try your way and hope that i receive a merit

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,639 posts

Hey binary you are almost like a mod.
Great topic.
That will answer all people"s questions.

Once again great topic.

Showing 16-30 of 598