ForumsSupport ForumHoliday Layouts

57 6770
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

I don't know if this has been suggested before, so I will continue. ( I did try looking up this kind of topic using google, and I couldn't find any.)

So! I thought that it would be cool if AG would change the layout for Halloween this year. But it didn't change, so I wanted to see if you guys/ girls would agree that we should have fun, and festive layouts for those special times in the year.

• 57 Replies
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Yes, maybe instead of having those dark blue edges that currently engage my screen. I would like some black and orange sides with swords, skeletons, skeletons with swords, and other cool stuff. I know some people on this site that can pull this off!

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Meaning the entire background? I think it would be very neat yet it would take a fair amount of coding... but why not?

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Yes, the whole background! Maybe they can even change the top part. Where it says "Armor Games" and has all of the game type up there... they could change this too...

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Not really that much coding, it's more or less just replacing the image the coding fetches... So shouldn't be too hard. I actually like the idea.
It's rather unnecessary, but could be fun and look good. Set the mood and that kind of thing.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I don't think making an image to replace the background would take any coding at all.

Yes I do think they should change for holidays, it would take too long to create the layout, and the layouts could be used for the following year.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Exactly, so so far it all works... and I am actually going to ask for any cons that you see for this! We might actually see a way around them... hopefully...

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Exactly, so so far it all works... and I am actually going to ask for any cons that you see for this! We might actually see a way around them... hopefully...

I don't see any cons. Ina addition to that idea you could switch out background if you don't like the holiday one.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I lie it, but the only thing I can think of is that not all countrys celebrate christmas, and if there are any jews on AG (I'm not sure) They might be upset by it.

I am all for it though.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Well, that is a simple problem to fix.
Above, where it says AG and has all of the games types, we could have santa on a starry night... crossing the moon with snow all around him.
Then on the sides we could have: Snow men, Presents, Hanukah candle holders, jewish stars, and other Christian christmas stuff. (and other Jewish stuff too)
I guess my point is we could mix the two together, and it would work out.

Carly143
Carly143
17 posts
Nomad

I really like it, I thoguht they would change it for Halloween too.I hope they change it at Christmas it would make the layout so cool!

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Yes, I have been thinking. There should be a small list of holiday layouts that should be added. Here is the holidays I think should be included:
January:
New Years (have the year # and stuff! Maybe a count down!)

February:
Valentines Day

March:
Easter
st. patties day

April:
Maybe April fools?

May:
N/A... for now...

June:
N/A... for now...

July:
Independence day
And my b-day! [But that is not important :c]

August:
N/A... for now...

September:
Rosh Hashana

October:
Halloween

November:
Thanksgiving

December:
Christmas
Hanukkah

Carly143
Carly143
17 posts
Nomad

Well what if you could have a thing in your about have oascasional backrounds yes/no!

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

@fst6

Good point! But there will be background for every different religion.
Like for December:
Christmas- this is for Christian persons
Hanukkah- this is for Jewish persons

@Carly143

Do you mean the decision to add the layout?
If so here is an idea:

---A profile---

ArmorGames User 1

|Add Friend|

---Control Panel---

Edit Profile

Email*: ArmorGames User 1@AG.com

Comment |X|
Merit |X|

Enabled |X| Disabled | |

armorgames.com

(None)

A/G/.com

AG.com

Country AG
Contacts:
Aim:
Msn:
Yahoo:
Xboxlive:
Wii:
Ps3:
SteamID:

Password

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I think, with the exception of Armatars, AG tends to remain neutral with regards to holidays. I mean, take this thread for example... all of you guys seemed to be concerned with Christmas and Hanukkah... and have neglected to mention the other religious holidays. Albeit, some religions may not be celebrated during December, but why not give them recognition. This is where there may be a conflict of interest -- and then you'll have users who'll complain: "What about my holiday, etc"

I really don't know -- I'm just neutral with this idea... of course, if you could always have the option to have a certain layout, or just leave it plain, but then some people would still complain that they couldn't find their "religious holiday theme"

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

@InTheZone

No, if people want to see their holiday as a layout, then they should supply either the concept art of it, or the actual thing.

Showing 1-15 of 57