ForumsSupport ForumWhy aren't all the new games displayed on the homepage?

13 2355
Scenery
Scenery
32 posts
Nomad

Just a thought because Schwitching State isn't on the homepage but yet on the section its in it is supposed to be newer than Chargebull and that game is on the homepage.Does anyone know why all the new games aren't displayed on the homepage?

• 13 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I think it's a popularity issue... If a game isn't popular enough, it's taken off the front page...
I'm not sure, though. You'd probably need to get a reply from an admin to find out.

Scenery
Scenery
32 posts
Nomad

Ah okay but I think that you may be right.

armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

It was on the front page but was removed because it had a bad rating, it just helps keep the good games on the front and the ones that nobody plays in the middle, but level editors like the Seppukuties Level Editor, never make it to the front, they just don't ever put those there for some reason.

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

I think they should have the normal amount of new games posted, and a
'New' in the game tabs, so it shows games from newest to the first game on Armor games says the 12 year old

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Zophia was 2 degrees off from a bulls-eye. The games listed on the homepage of AG are the most popular of a genre of games. This is all for advertising, to show that AG has cool games; this entices viewers to register and see if they like it as an actual member. As for new games, they haven't proven their worth yet, so they are instead listed FIRST when you select a genre (below the list of popular games).

Something to change though. Popularity should NOT be listed by number of plays, but by the rating it gets. If you look in the Adventure genre, the very first game listed on the popular section is a 5, but it has half a million hits. It should instead change to the rating that game received.

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

They're probably just putting the best games on the homepage because they know they will soon get popular as somebody plays it and more do.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Something to change though. Popularity should NOT be listed by number of plays, but by the rating it gets. If you look in the Adventure genre, the very first game listed on the popular section is a 5, but it has half a million hits. It should instead change to the rating that game received.

I disagree with that idea. The number of plays a game receives is a bit more accurate than any rating. For example, a game could have only 20,000 plays and have a score of 9.2, but a game with 500,000 plays has a more balanced average of 8, or 9, or whatever.

Of course, there is also the issue of users heading to the most played game, leaving other games to become hidden gems. More often than not, however, some games deserve to be hidden.
masterofallgame
masterofallgame
70 posts
Nomad

ya its a rating issue if the game isnt popular its taken off the new games list but on the flip side if a game is really popular it stays on the list longer

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

but why i mean if it is not popular people still play it so why take it off

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

they are taken off because they are not very popular and they need space for new games.

@russianfreak- the games can still be found in their sections.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

they are taken off because they are not very popular and they need space for new games.

I wouldn't say that. AG has plenty of space to add new games.

I disagree with that idea. The number of plays a game receives is a bit more accurate than any rating. For example, a game could have only 20,000 plays and have a score of 9.2, but a game with 500,000 plays has a more balanced average of 8, or 9, or whatever.

Exactly. If it is relatively accurate, then all the more for my suggestion. How would you explain the 5.5 game getting popular? XD Wonderboy Legends for my earlier example. I thought it was a pretty good game, so I gave it a 7.5/10, but the average rating was a 5, and yet the game is still on the popular list for its number of plays. Obviously, if the game has a popular rating, it would also have a good number of plays, due to attraction. So it would make sense to leave out the number of plays requirement to be added to the popular list.
GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

I have no clue.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

I agree with Zophia I say it is based mainly on popularity of how the game first starts on on AG. I don't really see this as a problem because the games can always be found under their specific section.

Showing 1-13 of 13