ForumsSupport ForumOne hour signup wait.

23 3492
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I know a good way to stop spam. I think we should have to wait exactly one hour, between signups. I can't think of any reasons to make two accounts at the same time other than spam. I think this will reduce spam.

• 23 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Well I have two accounts on one email address. I never get on it though.

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

I say no too, it won't change anything, and besides people in ag can't have multiple account because if they did they would be banned immediately.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I say no too, it won't change anything, and besides people in ag can't have multiple account because if they did they would be banned immediately.

Why would they be banned? I never get on my other one anyway.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

I don't really think this will stop them, I mean if they really plan on doing some major spam they'd have created 5-8 new emails before and create the accounts when their latest got banned...at least I think that's how it works.
I would rather have a IP-based limit, which can only be lifted by an admin or something. It'd be much more effective, until they use proxies o.o

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Like yeah that's happened before I have another account and its only for my Fr2 club It has never been deleted!
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Ok, nobody likes this idea so it should be locked. All other replies under this one will be considered spam.

Nomad

@ Raptor

Ip-based banning could work.

Except don't users using AOL or a broad-band connection share IP's?

I'm pretty sure they do, so if you ban that IP hundreds who use that will be banned.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

i think the problem is is people making another account and then posting on it to gain ap.

Showing 16-23 of 23