ForumsSupport ForumLocking topics idea.

4 1892
Nomad

Ok I haven't seen anything remotely resemble this idea. However if there is something like this, simply provide me with a link. Thanks.

Ok we all know how flagging works right?

You flag a message and it warns the mods which in return allows them to come and delete the spam comment.

Well how about have a lock flag. It could be right up near the title.

This handy dandy button could be used in a similar manner. People click it when there is a repeat/spam topic and it will warn the mods that it needs to be locked. Then the mods can visit the topic and see for themselves whether or not it needs to be.

This could cut back on the millions of billions of people that unconsciously spam when they say.. "Hey lock this mods," or the all popular.. "This should be locked."

Opinions?

• 4 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I love this idea! I see so many topics that need to be locked, and this would help let the mods know without spamming myself and telling them that it needs to be locked.
Also I haven't seen this idea before, so you're okay in that department.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think it could work but you can just report it to a mod.

Nomad

@ fst

Dang I looked through a couple pages but didn't find anything like this.

Sorry if there is.

Yeah provide me with one of the links to the better one and I'll submit my ideas there.

@ juan

yeah but then it gets kinda spammy when ten people report to a mod that it needs to be locked.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well that's the job of them mods right?

Showing 1-4 of 4