ForumsWEPRtobacco

145 28176
barneythebeast
barneythebeast
12 posts
Nomad

by tobacco i mena ciggerates in general.
I belive they should be illegal because they cause so much death even from second hand smoking. i know peolpe go nuts without there nicotine but they have gum and patches that will help.
i want to know your opinions on this subject at hand. (wether or not it should be illegal and why)

• 145 Replies
Ace_of_Fear
Ace_of_Fear
223 posts
Nomad

Its just like Drunk Driving, you get all high and stuff then you do stuff that you would regret. Thats why getting Drunk in Public is Illegal.

Aids247
Aids247
58 posts
Nomad

yeah true amen to that

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

your logic is very faulty... thats like saying 95% of the world's population is a drug dealer.. because anyone that sells cokes, aspirin, energy drinks, cigarettes, is a drug dealer..

I guess thats what I said, but I'm not saying they are
illegal
drug dealers. Now stop yelling at me, I said it on accident >.<!
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Omg, another reason for edits, I meant to italic illegal, not quote it.

and sorry for the double post the mistake was killing me though

Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

Smoking does nothing but promote bad health...they should be totally illegal but there is one problem. there would be a small recession because the tobacco industry is huge (you should check out just how big it is) and so it's decline must be slow but sure. for this reason individual people are encouraged to stop one at a time because too many at once would be bad for the economy.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

so a reccomendation of cigars is not possible eh?

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

they should be illegal or taxed upto $10 so those people will just go broke and we could produce soy instead or corn instead of tobbaco tobbaco is a terrible thing it hs killed 2 members of my family
-kyle-

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

that is a ridiculous solution.. people will just pay more, and the farmers will lose a lot of money..

lazurm
lazurm
1 posts
Nomad

I think they've already tried something like this years ago. It was called Prohibition and it spawned lots of illegal activity, not to mention death and corruption. For the same reasons, marijuana and other similarly long acting drugs that damage the user, should be legitimized. Look what the marijuana laws have done to our prison system, not to mention Mexico.
The fact is that making something illegal doesn't stop its use, it merely makes it more expensive and open to criminal activity with the resultant damage thereby.
Being practical means sometimes compromising between two unattractive realities. I think chosing the one with the lesser damage is the wiser choice. And besides, rather than having gangster make all the profits, it'd be better to have the money used for something that our elected representative may find more useful for society.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I think that they should drop the restrictions on smoking. I used to smoke, and It's quite inhumane to send us outside during the winter so we have to freeze. Besides, especially in restaurants and such, they always had a smoking and a non- smoking section. If it bugs you that much, drop a pair of balls and quit being a baby. EAT MY CANCER!!

I also believe that marijuana should be legal, but that's a debate for later

Showing 136-145 of 145