ForumsGame WalkthroughsMediocre Feudalism II Game Walkthrough

54 86066
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Alright, I've heard the cries and pleas of those who wanted this walkthrough completed, so I've decided to make one myself. Here goes nothing...

Getting Started: First off, you must select your character hero that will lead your army to dominate the world. If you are one that likes to fight in the frontlines, then I suggest to try Karl and Elizabeth from the Order of the Holy Cross or Vaeslav from the Forest Lands. The two races have the most endurance and/or strength and their countries have the strongest weapons and armor. If you are one for fast, quick kills and high evasion, I suggest to try Sieg and Niora from The East Empire. They have the highest dexterity so you will be able to attack fastest and dodge easier in the beginning, plus their race has the fastest weapons and strongest soldiers in terms of attacking. How you develop your character is all up to you in the end. Each race has its own perks, such as the best weapon in its region.

Starting Off Easy: Now that you have created your character and are located in your hometown of whichever village, you are able to battle and move around the map. Don't start attacking villages now; they will beat your army to a pulp and make your moldy flash head pop off. I would suggest to start off doing some quests, those can be looked at in the town hall of each town. Every town's quests are at random and every town is the same in terms of rewards. If you don't like your quest and/or the rewards the town will give you, just select the button again. The higher your level, the more gold you will receive when you complete the quest.

The two quests are as follows:

Delivering a package from ____ to ______: All this will make you do is travel from your starting location to the desired city or town to drop off the package. You will receive your reward when you report to that specific town's town hall.

Defeating Rogues: Travel to the rogues' den for a nice sum of money (and I mean NICE). Move away from your village and look at the world map; the symbol of a mountain with a red flag would appear somewhere within that town's region. Move your hero to that spot to engage in a battle against those rogues. MAKE SURE TO REPORT BACK TO THE SAME TOWN WHEN YOU ARE DONE!!!

Repeat these quests and make sure to refill your soldiers in the town's barracks whenever you need to do so. Eventually, you will level up quite a bit. Every rogue quest you fight will level you up once or twice, depending if you fight with the higher amount of gold rewards. Once you have a good amount of levels, go to your skills icon on the bottom of the screen. Immediately raise your main weapon level to 100, your strength to 100, and if you have enough, your constitution to 100.

Thankfully, your technique points are separate to the skill points. You will gain 1 skill point for every level you gain. For every skill technique, you are able to increase the level 5 points. There are skills that you don't need to activate, called Passive Skills. The only thing you need to do is acquire that skill and it will automatically be in effect for every battle with no cost to energy points.

Move your hero to the capital city of your region and buy the best armor and weapon for that region. You may have to go do more rogue quests to fill up your skill points and gold purse. Having the best armor in your region (especially the Forest Lands or Order of the Holy Cross) will make most enemies do little to no damage to you at all, while having the best weapon in your region (especially the Forest Lands or Order of the Holy Cross) will eliminate an enemy in one fell swoop.

Dominating Your Region Comes First!! As said in the sub title, fighting other towns and cities from other regions is utterly pointless. They will embargo trade to you as soon as you take over one city and immediately attack you if you so happen to step foot in their city. Enemy towns and cities are shown in red font on the world map. Here are some things to think about before attacking a town or city:

Looking at Their Strengths: Finding a town's strength is not shown firsthand until you actually fight them, but I (and possibly other people) have found a simple way to figure out how strong that town really is. Simply look in their market. If they have strong weapons that even you don't have, stray away from there. But on the other hand, if you see weapons you already have, or if you have much better weapons than they do, it's a good possibility that your army can take theirs. If all else fails, autosave is the way to go.

How Big is Your Army?You are obviously not going to finish a battle with only 7 people at your side, so broaden your line a bit. A good number would be around 30 for towns, and possibly more for cities. In this sequal, these towns fight desperately to defend themselves, they won't just keel over and take the punishment. You will need an army equal to, or higher than your opponent army's. Once you are ready, the battle can be a breeze (unless you kill yourself)

Thirsty?Potions are your friend! Bring plenty! Feudalism II has a neat feature where you can shift click and buy 5 potions at one time! Although they don't have any morale scrolls anymore, you can easily make that up with runes! (see the bold print for runes) There will be plenty of times that you will be on the verge of dying, so potions will help a great deal. Don't just bring 50, that's not plenty enough, try 150! You have plenty of money from all those rogue missions, you can certainly afford it!

Once all this is checked off the list, start bringing towns to their knees! Be sure to update your army! Once you take over an army, chances are you had to fight with the odds against you! This means they had better trained soldiers to defend their town. They will cost slightly higher, but it is highly worth it. Continue to invade and update, and eventually, you will reach the cities' armies. DO NOT SKIP TOWNS AND AUTOMATICALLY FIGHT CITIES! YOU WILL DIE.

Cities:What's so different about them? Not much actually, except you fight twice when invading, with no breaks. The cities usually have a whole batallion of soldiers waiting to chop your moldy head off, so bring plenty of hands. The second fight is slightly easier, but not when you run out of soldiers. You run out of soldiers, you fight the royal guards by yourself (which isn't very fun at all). Once you are done with the grueling fight against the city, you will have access to some of the greatest soldiers in that region, close to the capital city. You capture the capital city, you will have the most powerful soldiers, the best horses, and the best items in that region. Towns and villages will not stand a chance against your army. They have never seen gold and obsidian weapons before.

Blacksmith/Runes/Enchanting/Etc.: The best place for upgrading your weapons and armor. You will gain runes from fighting in plenty of battles. These are great, because you cannot automatically sell them! They appear as blue items, and they show exactly what they increase, or add in the chosen weapon or armor. Move over to the blacksmith/forge to get started. First, move your weapon/armor to the empty square in a drag 'n' drop fashion. I suggest to not enchant beginner weapons, because there will certainly be much better weapons to enchant. The percent change in the strength range will be higher. Here are some things to think about for the Forge:

Refining: This will increase the weapon/armor's power. Each level will be slightly stronger, with a less successful chance the refining will work, and of course, the price will be higher. Once you refine to level 10, you will be able to refine to level 11, 12, and so on, but the chance will be slim.

Enchanting: You will be able to enchant a rune with a weapon or armor piece to give it extra properties. There will be a set cost to have the item enchanted, and you can only have one enchantment on the specific item. But don't worry, if you wish to change your property, you can easily just set an enchantment over the old one. Enchanting the item will always have a 100% success rate.

Well, hopefully this is everything here, if not, I can always update the guide here, and hopefully this guide also helps those that are struggling in Feudalism II. Note that I don't jot down notes on things that the game already includes about itself, so if there isn't anything on here you're looking for, chances are it is already in the game. Good luck in Feudalism II guys!! =)

• 54 Replies
nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

If you have AGI character simply remove your armor when facing ninjas. The shogun ultimate can do little damage if you have no armor.

I think the only thing I have not done in the game is soloing with archer hero. Once you have max agi, +10 weapon with the super rare rune, you can solo entire armies easily. The game would only be hard if you limit yourself to NOT use any health potions.

Anyway, my favorite hero is Olga, she can solo (without recruiting anyone ever) or use pure army.

DeJens
DeJens
2 posts
Nomad

Excellent walk through basic tutorial -- very complete. The following is an add-on strategy guide to this walk through it only covers the how to win in the most efficient manner using the full game (the version with the Custom Guy).

First I have played through this without hardly buying any units and definitely none early on. Granted the toughest town was Nagoya and/or Caesarea because their special units can do so much damage in a single series of hits that you do not get a chance to heal it. So I played with it a bit more and stumbled upon the most awesome weapon in the game. Greek Fire by far beats them all. Now on Normal level you cannot start out with an 82 Strength so you cannot just pawn the game from get go you have to build up to it first. So if you plan to play Normal level here's perhaps one of the fastest methods to get to end game -- you are planning on playing on Easy well heck the games a calk-walk on that mode.

1) Use Custom Guy then do the following
....For Moves be sure to pick the Throwing Set (Multithrow, Fast Throwing, Ricochette) the other two weapon skills makes no difference you will not be using them.
....For Auras choose (Devotion, Healing, Balance of Force)
....Sometimes you need a bit of fodder for the tougher towns so set the other two Passives to:
........(Marksman Training, Sharp Arrows, Eagle Eyes)
........(Infantry Defense Mastery, Infantry Weapon Mastery, Infantry Offense Mastery)
....Starting Place (Forest Lands) you want to initially use Throwing Axes and their Armor as its the best armor at the lower levels and once you get really good its as good as any other armor.

2) Go through the little Training Demo

3) You start off in Elki -- Click the Skills icon
....Set All Stats to 32 -- Set Weapon Skill Throwing to 100 (its the only weapon skill you will need) this will leave you with 2 Free Points save them for when you level.
....Put your 1 Move point into Devotion this will help keep your initial 4 guys alive long enough for you to be able to solo it pretty much everything else.
....Exit and Click the Market buy a Throwing Axe -- Click Inventory and Equip it -- do not buy anything else here
4) Click the docks buy a boat and sail to Staroe
....If you get attacked be sure to click Devotion to keep your guys alive and run forward and use your throwing axes
5) After you arrive in Staroe leave and head overland to Svetlolesye here you want to buy the armor and throwing axe if you have enough money try to enchant the axe to +5 if you got any Runes (such as the Chivalry Rune or Wolf Rune use one of them on the axe as well they are pretty common Runes -- if you happen to acquire at anytime the rare Occult Rune hold on to it until the you can apply to to your finally weapon Greek Fire +10 but do not worry if you do not get it you can still win without it)

6) Now your ready to begin (be sure to save before each outting just in case)
....From Svetlolesye get a Quest to beat up Rogues this gets you the XP you need to level. Do not worry about money you will have enough for what you need just focus on leveling for now.
....As you level max out Strength and Spirit and use the left over points to raise Constitution till its 50 (kind of abitrary but it helps to have a few more hit points) after your Constitution is 50 shift to putting the left over points into Dexterity (it helps you be more effective with your throwing weapons and will help you to avoid taking some damage by dodging it). Put all your Move points into Devotion then Healing. Sell all the equipment you get and only keep the following Runes (Chivalry, Wolf, Bloody, and/or Occult) sell the rest.
7) At certain landmarks you will want to upgrade. At 6th level (you have probably lost all your units by now unless your really lucky but do not buy more units you do not need them just buy potions). At this level you will have enough Strength to upgrade your Armor and Weapons (Str 41) go to Krasnodolye (a quick boat trip) buy the Armor and Weapon (try and Forge one to at least +5 and any Rune you might have) then head to Staroe as you are now ready to take on your first Town. Yes at 6th level you can Solo Staroe. Once you get there be sure to save then Captured the Town. It might take a bit of practice to learn the best strategy for this but its quite doable. Be sure to use your Healing Move while taking the Town and have at least 30 of each type of Potion just in case.
8) After you taken Staroe you will have leveled significantly. Again raise your Stats as mentioned above. Keep building up your Aura Moves until you have (Devotion 5 / Healing 5 / Balance of Force 5) then you are ready to increase your Throwing Skills increase these until you have (Multithrow 1 / Fast Throwing 5) after these have been reached you will want to raise (Marksman Training 5 / Sharp Arrow 5 / Eagle Eye 5) then (Infantry Defense Mastery 5 / Infantry Weapon Mastery 5 / Infantry Offense Mastery 4) -- that plan takes you to max level 50.
9) Okay if taking Staroe did not take you to level 12 or higher then do a Rogue Quest or 2. Once your level 12+ goto Grouzeno and buy your new Throwing Axe and Armor (your Strengths should be 52+ by then). Again if you can affored it get your Axe upto to +5 and add a Rune if you have one.
10) Goto Svetlolesye and Capture the Town -- yes again at level 12 you can now solo this town.

11) Next break point is level 19+ if you have not made this by taking the previous town do a few Rogue Quests to get to this level -- once at level 19+ goto Dobrov and get your new Throwing Axe +5 and Armor (Strength 65+) after getting these go and take Krasnodolye.

12) Next break point is level 27+ again if you have not made this by taking the previous town do a few Rogue Quest to get to this level -- once at level 27+ goto to Zlatograd get your new Throwing Axe +5 and Armor (Strength 79+) after getting these go take the towns Grouzeno and Dobrov.

13) Next break point is level 29+ again if you have not made it yet then do a few Rogue Quests -- once at level 29+ take a trip to the Great Trade Republic's main capital Caesarea and buy Greek Fire and Forge to at least +5. If you have enough money get one to +10 if not do not worry about it just do it when you can just get your first one -- if you have (Bloody Rune or Wolf Rune use one of these in that order of precedence -- if you have an Occult hold on to that until you make a +10 unless you got lucky and have 2 of these).

14) Once you have your Greek Fire you are ready to Solo the last 2 Towns of your area Zlatograd and RaGorod. Be sure you have plenty of potions at least 100 of each and maybe 200 -- sometimes they get annoyingly lucky. Also by this level (29th your stats should look like this Stength/Spirit 83; Dexterity 53; & Constitution 50)

15) Once you have taken all your own cities you are ready to take on the rest. I would suggest leaving the Great Trade Republic and the East Empire for last. They tend to be the more difficult with their final cities. If you are having problems with any city then goto the Great Trade Republic and work up to their 7th town (Veii its on an island) once you have taken this you can buy their Greek Fire throwers make an entire army (30) out of them I can guarantee you that you will take that town with them just be sure to be using all 3 Auras when using units.

Note: When soloing you will need to be using Healing, Balance of Force, and Fast Throwing -- watch your SP (Spirit Points) early on if they run low drop back to just Healing eventually when your Spirit gets high enough you can have all 3 up without worrying about running out of SP -- further once your Spirit is high enough you can actually have all 3 of those up as well as the unit Devotion.

Well I hope you find this strategy guide as an enhancer to this walk through -- oh and enjoy the game I know I did.

DeJens
DeJens
2 posts
Nomad

Oh a note on Greek Fire what makes it soooooo good.

1) Its an indirect fire weapon which means you can actually stand behind boxes or trees and lob them down field killing units before they can do you harm.

2) Its a mass killing weapon -- it can drop large groups of bad guys really quick especially if you use Fast Throwing with it.

Note when using this weapon or any throwing weapon keep an eye on your terrain and not that if you get too close to cover the enemy will close in but if you leave just enough room you can keep the missile guys at bay while you take out the ground pounders then when they are all dead you move to engage the missile guys.

Oh and lastly you can use throwing weapons quite effectively versus melee units that have engaged you so no need to swap weapons.

alexuv
alexuv
4 posts
Nomad

What you said about how it's not possible to win a battle isn't true.
With even just 5 shogun ghosts I can conquer a land's capital, I conquered 2 actually, Without losing any.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Very helpful

Dankak
Dankak
2 posts
Nomad

The way I won easily is taking over the second to top city of the south desert,(the one where the capital is Ceasarea) and get the greek fire throwers. They will dominate! you go to Far east,take the capital, then get the people with Guillitione blade, and mix them with like 50 greek fire throwers. Then you have an unbeatable army

Dankak
Dankak
2 posts
Nomad

[b]Its actually the great Trade Republic not the south Desert!

ethan3300
ethan3300
100 posts
Shepherd

Its a real easy game just be the egyptian like people

TJ2043
TJ2043
1 posts
Nomad

im not really sure you have played the game at ALL. first off once you reach level 10 with a forge weapon you CANNOT go any further and I have never been able to re-enchant a weapon. prove me wrong

Showing 46-54 of 54