ForumsSupport ForumWhy do I have to register to view comments?

12 4014
monkeyman182734
monkeyman182734
2 posts
Nomad

I can understand if you want people to register before they post comments, but whats the harm in simply looking at them? Seems rather draconian if you ask me...

And whats with some flash games requiring you to play at certain sites? Doesn't it ever occur to people that I might want to download the game for later, in case the site dies or I forget the address? (and don't get me started on demo/trial versions) It's like those CDs that will only play in CD players made in the exact same country as they were. At least it's a good thing there are flash decompilers...

• 12 Replies
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

it used to be able to view comments, but they took it away... thats why i joined! Anyways, im pretty sure the different site games are only a guest problem...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It's all the game of Advertising, my friend. Besides, it's much better in AG than not in AG *hint hint*. Games sponsor their websites so they can get some publicity in and gain some attention. This is also how they gain money, by sponsoring websites, and by letting advertisements on the site. Nice basic introduction of Economics and Business =)

Evo531
Evo531
55 posts
Nomad

I think theydi this so a person can't but up spam and never come back to the sight but when your a member they know your email and stuff

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

because they can draw them into joining.

To what join so they can see the comments of their one fav. game on the site a couple times, decide to play it on another site, then leave forever >_> interesting....

I guess but I don't get it, ah well. I understand perhaps Profile Comments being 'invisible', but game comments? I just don't see the point.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It's to draw people into making an account. And it is a pretty good idea... Although I liked seeing what others thought of the game it's better this way...

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

So I guess they should enable comments for viewing to guests, as we can view other comments.

I disagree. The rich environment of Armorgames shouldn't be open to every person who just happens to walk by the site. Imagine someone asking another person on this site through their messenger about something they only want Armorgamers to discuss and see, and a person happens to hit your profile through Google or something. I wouldn't like a person to see that info.

I think they should make everyone's profile private too. If it just so happens to contain your email address and a hacker comes along they would find it very quickly. Maybe this feature is already added though...
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

Maybe AG doesn't want non members to view game reviews that AG users post because they might steal the game review and post it on a different site and take all the credit from the person who wrote it or something like that.

The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

Maybe AG doesn't want non members to view game reviews that AG users post because they might steal the game review and post it on a different site and take all the credit from the person who wrote it or something like that.

And why would that matter if its on a different site?
It would only matter if it was copied on the same site.
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

I think they should make everyone's profile private too. If it just so happens to contain your email address and a hacker comes along they would find it very quickly. Maybe this feature is already added though...

no it's not, Kongregate has that feature btw, but still I think they should add a feature where you can set your profile to private, that would be nice.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Well, you have to register to view comments. And thats that.

Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

I don't know I guess you shouldn't have to register to view some comments but maybe AG doesn't want non-members to see comments, I dunno.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Well, you have to register to view comments. And thats that.

P.s
Yes Firetail, I am unbanned.
Showing 1-12 of 12