ForumsWEPR[Necro] World War 2

57 29820
thewilddingo
thewilddingo
49 posts
Nomad

The U.S.A has the most power in the world and is considered the superpower....but why ?

The only major thing that we did was bomb Japan

Webombed them

germany gave up because they were afraid right?? how come they couldn't just bomb us to continue the war??the germans had so much power....why did they basically put it to waste???

• 57 Replies
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

If we spent all day saying, "What if... ?", then nothing would ever get done.

kingmike123
kingmike123
383 posts
Peasant

we cant just kill every one, we have to scare them in to forfitting, so we dont have to lose people

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Hey knight, about what you said about Czar Nicholas II. Two things influencing that. 1)WWI was also the reason he "lost his power". 2) He sorta lost his power, but mostly it was an assasination. The communists led by Lenin blamed him for the economic problems after WWI, so it was only somewhat losing his power. Just wanted to say something about that. Also, history is just about what happened, and some of it is to try and prevent things from reoccuring, especially the World Wars. We can "What if?" all we want, but we all know the only reason we do that is because of hindsight 20-20. We see things perfectly after it's happened and it's too late to do anything about it but try and prevent anything like it.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

The communists led by Lenin blamed him for the economic problems after WWI,

The October revolution happened in 1917 before the war eneded.
It is debatable whether it was a coupe d'etat or a popular uprising though it is likely the imagery of the storming of the winter palace is exagerated.
For years the Tsar could do little wrong the peoplpe loved him. However there was a strike by some of the peasants and he sent in the army. Loosing their trust and support.
RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

It is a sad peice of world history.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

RugganBor, that wasn't very constructive. You need to have a little input in this kind of thing. Ok pixie maybe it was before the war ended, but it was still the Communists wanting to take over, so they blamed the Czar for the losses during the war and took power, right? Can we agree that it is more likely that it was just the Communists that didn't liuke the Czar and overthrew him? If not, what is the more likely event? I don't know as much about WWI, so I'd like to know.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

You are right I was just trying to add to your post. I hae just started studying Russian history so I don't know all the deatils yet.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Oh ok. Guess I didn't read it thoroughly enough. Thought you were saying I was completely wrong.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

The people didn't like the Czar. The Russian Empire was suffering bad economic times and plus, Nicholas wasn't a great leader, he let his country down. The Communist hated him and wanted to overthrow him.

Make this clear, the Czar was not overthrown by the Communists. Communists overthrew the provisional Republic formed by the Duma but then the Communists which had the people's support overthrew the government under Alexander Kerensky. The Russians overthrew Nicholas, instituted a provisional government but later the Communists returned from exile and destroyed Kerensky's government.

I'll stop the speculation if you hate it that much.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Speculation ain't cool. History isn't about what could have happened, it's about what did happen and how people's perceptions of those happenings changed over time.

Many historiographers would argue different. They actually use this form of speculation to teach at university level, the reason being it helps the individual suss out which factors were most important in the determining of an event.

For years the Tsar could do little wrong the peoplpe loved him. However there was a strike by some of the peasants and he sent in the army. Loosing their trust and support.

Not turue at all,. Since 1905 the relationship with the Tsar and the people was shaky. The steady increase in the number of strikes after 1911 shows this. Only the outbreak of WW1 brought the nation together in the spirit of patriotism. Rasputin's influence over the Tsarina was also a big factor and made the Royals very unpopular to both peasants and nobles. WW1 just highlighted the inadequacies of the Tsarist system. Revolution was inevitable.

Let me clarify. The first revolution in 1917 was a popular uprising. The people demanded the Duma held elections. Kerensky and the Provisional Government took charge. The Tsar abdiacted. Later in the year after a series of blunders and basically not offering the people what they wanted, the Bolsheviks started the October revolution thus seizing power.
znerks
znerks
1 posts
Nomad

And I'm pretty sure Germany didn't have the knowledge of how to make and release a nuclear bomb

the germans did have the knoledge of nuclear bombs.we were making them with plutoinium and other radioactive materials they were making it with hard water. and they would have had them a year or two earlier if there shipment didn't get blown to the bottom of a lake. causing them to rebuild there factory and start production over only being a few barrels short by the end of the war which would have taken them a few more days to make. also they were close to makeing the first stealth bomber like our B-2 stealth bomber. they were missing a few non esential parts. that would have arrived soon.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Even though the post is extensive, with missing Capitals, it is not only continuing upon a single sentence from a previous extensive post, it is also reviving a discussion that died a long time ago...

Necro-ing a buried thread is only allowed if the thread's discussion is sparked and 'revived', which is not the case here. Locked. =)

Showing 46-57 of 57