ForumsSupport ForumSuggestion: Books Forums

17 3341
depretis
depretis
129 posts
Nomad

I think you should make a forum type for just books and authors. I think it would be cool because you could just talk about books you've read. Oh yea, if there is forum about this already I'm sorry but I didn't see one. Well, anyway just take that into consideration. Hopefully you make a forum for this though.

• 17 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

There isn't a forum about this specifically, but there are forums where it could fit into. As to having its own forum, I don't know if people would really use it enough. I would like to believe that a lot of people here like to read and discuss books, I just don't know if there is an interest there.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well, Most people do not exact like reading, saying it's boring and not fun for them. But I know some people like reading, you should talk to people on their profiles, I am sure RoadDripper loves books, you can communicate with him pretty much.

fergman
fergman
144 posts
Peasant

Maybe a literary section, for all types of reading, and sharing your writing. Sub categories could include magazines, comics, etc.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well, we already have the Art, Music, and Writing forum. Which is for original art, music, and writing. But unoriginal works don't really fit there.

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

I agree perhaps split the music and movies and put books with music as it is less popular then movie topics.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Well, we already have the Art, Music, and Writing forum. Which is for original art, music, and writing. But unoriginal works don't really fit there.
Just so no one is in doubt about this: by unoriginal she means something that the user who posts it did not create.
That's what the Popular Media section is for. But when people wants to talk about books, they sometimes post it in the Tavern - we might not need a new forum, but maybe there should be a bit of clarification in a more visible place.

Or maybe we should start considering having subforums in the current forum sections...
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Couldn't the Popular Media work then? Or even the tavern?
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Well, it's just like Carlie sais... =P Nice idea though.

depretis
depretis
129 posts
Nomad

Well, thanks for the support and I hope you create a books section that would be cool. Well, Most people do not exact like reading, saying it's boring and not fun for them. But I know some people like reading, you should talk to people on their profiles, I am sure RoadDripper loves books, you can communicate with him pretty much. I'll maybe talk to RoadDripper.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Yes but you can't put books in the Art, Music & Writing section so I would like it because I wanna talk 'bout Darren Shan books.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Isn't Polpular Media a book discussion place and movies?

depretis
depretis
129 posts
Nomad

Well, could you guys possibly separate the movies and music category and put movies and books together because most movies are based off of books. It would be very nice if the administrators would do that. I mean I'm certainly not the only person who wants to talk about books and you could put the movies that were based of books and the books the movies were based off of together under one forum instead of having to separate forums for them. For example some of the movies based off of books are: Harry Potter, Twilight (it's coming out soon), Holes, Lord of the Rings,[i](believe it or not there are books for these last two google them if you have to)[i] Die Hard, Rambo, and many more. Oh, right back to the subject so many people would be fond of talking about these I'm sure so, if you could just update me whenever you can it would be great. Here is my e-mail because I'm not on armor games everyday (sorry) well it's depretis@yahoo.com e-mail me when you have some information. Anyone else beside the administrators please do not I repeat do not e-mail me it re-strictly for them only.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

This is what Carlie said,

There isn't a forum about this specifically, but there are forums where it could fit into. As to having its own forum, I don't know if people would really use it enough. I would like to believe that a lot of people here like to read and discuss books, I just don't know if there is an interest there.
Besides What about the Art, Music, and Writing forum?

depretis
depretis
129 posts
Nomad

Well, okay they probably won't make one because nothing happened so far and I posted this like about 2 weeks ago. The only way they would be doing this is if they havent told anyone about it.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I see your point but armorgames doesnt really need a WHOLE other section just for books.

Showing 1-15 of 17