ForumsWEPREvolution, creationism and the school cirriculum

697 104825
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well to start out i dont beleive in evoltuion so the fact that other things cant be taught really ticks me off but i just want to see what people think and why.

• 697 Replies
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

i dont know why they cant,

heres a little stroy-- in grade school during the holidays/winter, we would sing the Haunaka song ALL the way through, but we wouldnt sing Away in a Manger, or otehr songs, but we would sing jewish, muslim songs,

i dont know why we cant sing christian songs which is the truth Jesus came for us, to save us from his sins, and people still think the Messiah is still coming, but he already has, but is, and will be coming again anytime.

so....yea, i think evolution shouldn't be the only thing taught in schools, creationism should also.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

thank you i mean im a creationist but i have no problem with evolution being taught TOO just its rediculous they dont teach both creationism has a lot of scientific not proof but backing as well

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

In biology class in highschool they made us do a project on intelligent design, which I really did not know what was doing there.
Biology is a scientific subject, and should only teach science, while the subejct Religion should teach us religion, right?
I see no reason why there could not be taught all the ways, evolution in biology, creationism in Religion. Religion is a good and useful subject, as it widens our horizon...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The thing is Darwinism is what scientists think is the absolute truth,and even though they have no absolute theory of how life began,they still think that anyone who doesn't believe in Darwinism is completely ignorant,including highly credited scientists who believe in intelligent design.If you ever watched the new documentary from Ben Stein(known as Expelled:No intelligence allowed).It tells about how people are being fired from their jobs for believing in intelligent design,and how they all automatically think it is recycled creationism.There are plenty of things that they think is right or wrong.The fact is if things like this continue.Then America will end up looking like a theocracy against religion instead of for it.Unless they can find a real reason why they should teach one unproven thing and not all of them.Then they are pretty much brainwashing children of today with the biases,and beliefs of atheism.I have been wondering for awhile now why they only teach evolution and the big bang theory.Both of which have no where near enough proof to be called a fact.When they refused to also teach other theories such as intelligent design and creationism.There is absolutely no reason for it.I am sure an atheist will try to find an excuse,but I doubt it will be anything that I couldn't easily argue against anyways.So that is my opinion on the matter,and I look forward to seeing how everyone else see's to this issue.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Actually ive read books on creationsism and well evolution has millions of holes and actualy more scientists beleive in ID or creationism or creationsim than evolution its the teachers and media the people who really dont know who r projecting this is true also thing like discovery channel and national geographic r completley biased about this

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

I assume we are talking about public schools here, because private schools can teach whatever they want about this topic.

I think that in public schools they should teach about evolution, but they should just mention that there are other theories of how human life came about, and it is personal opinion of which theory you believe.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Ya public and they do now buts its ILLEGAL to teach other THEORIES none of which has been proven

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

In biology class in high school they made us do a project on intelligent design, which I really did not know what was doing there.

Did you know a teacher got fired just for even mentioning intelligent design in her high school class,which is a scientific theory,which from what I got pretty much says that there is no way life,which is such a complicated thing came about on its own by accident.So it had to be created by something that is of intelligence.Whether that be aliens,a higher power, or whatever else.Either way it is a scientific theory.I see where you are coming from with creationism being a religious thing,but they could at least mention creationism as another strong idea/belief that goes against Darwinism.Otherwise they could make it out to where evolution is the only theory.Even though they say "You don't have to believe in this".They also say "But this what we are going to tell you is the best answer".Does this make any sense to you?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Just as a throw in creationism is basicaly inteligent design with god as a creator and i think these to could b taught parallel and...just throwing this in there evolution is basicaly a belief of atheists not completly but it did make atheism fit

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I think that in public schools they should teach about evolution, but they should just mention that there are other theories of how human life came about, and it is personal opinion of which theory you believe.

I agree it should b a personal opion but itl b biased if the only thing your taught is evolution
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

They should let a kid friken think on their own.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Works for me but it has to b unbiased

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe,

definition of religion if u say creationism is and evolution isnt well then that definitions wrong because evolution is a religion
razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Whoa whoa whoa.

Is Intelligent Design REALLY science?

How can you teach intelligent design in a science classroom when essentially you are teaching a religious belief for which there is no actual evidence. Even if you look at the posts here in this thread, the proof for I.D. is people saying that evolution is unproven because after all, it's just a "theory".

In science, "theory" does not mean "guess" or "hypothesis". It means a well-thought out, well-experimented idea that has evidence to back it up.

Even the courts of the US has declared that I.D. is not a science. Look up the court case...I can't remember the exact title, but it was in Dover, Pennsylvania.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Is Intelligent Design REALLY science?

Its rather philosophy, which is important :-$
Showing 1-15 of 697