ForumsSupport ForumWhat happened to the "Last Active" thing?

9 1870
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

I remember that there was a part on your profile that said "Last Active:...." on your profile..It was here when I was visiting from Kongregate like 5 weeks ago, but now it's gone. What happened to it? Did it not work out?

• 9 Replies
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

This has been made before and as some of the mods stated it was causing the sites glicthes and make it run slower so they removed it.I did like it though.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

it caused the things to slow down...so they took it away.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Shall I just briefly explain what I've heard was the reason?

It slowed the whole site down majorly, because it was constantly fetching information about when a user had last been online. It just took too much of the site's capacity, so they took it out again.
Maybe it will return, if they can get it to work properly. But don't expect it, at least not anytime soon.

Question answered three times. Only post if you have something to add, or a question about it.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

But what was the sites capacity then, because I wouldnt think it could take that much space, even if it was feeding constant information.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

The site capacity hasn't changed much between then and now. If we wanted this to work, AG would need a higher capacity and a stronger server.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Maybe it is because of the two leaderboards. They feed constant information and need a lot of space. Maybe they needed to pick between one or the other.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

But what was the sites capacity then, because I wouldnt think it could take that much space, even if it was feeding constant information.
I think you'd need to ask a site administrator that question. I have absolutely no idea, but Shpigford should know, I guess.
And it all depends on how the script runs... Maybe... *is not a programmer*
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

There was a "Last Active feature" how come I didn't know about this
maybe it was a few months ago, that's probably why

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

i would like that to return