ForumsSupport Forumsearch option

12 2936
brrrrr
brrrrr
107 posts
Nomad

whouldent it be a good idea if there were a search option in the forums. then it wouldent be 80 post with the same question and maybe this question has already been ansered but i dont know because there is no search ability!

• 12 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Like this thread.
Anyway, most of us use the google version, meaning that you search for the topic in google.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

We once had a search function but it didn't work very well so AG removed it and this has been suggested alot of times look through the topics before posting another one.

destroyerkevin
destroyerkevin
506 posts
Nomad

i think there should be search function because nobody wants to search so many pages that just costs way to long

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

1) This has been suggested multiple times before, but you already said why you wouldn't know that...
2) ArmorGames has such a search function, but the problem with it was, that it found ALL threads that had the words you searched for in them, not just the ones relevant to your search.
3) The solution for now, is to use Google.
You do this by typing in 'armorgames' and the words you wish to search for. You might need to sift through a few pages of results to check thoroughly, but it is still easier than searching these forums manually.
I hope you learn to appreciate that solution until the forum search can be reimplemented without glitches.

P.S. Take a look at what is listed here before making a new topic.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

The solution for now, is to use Google.
You do this by typing in 'armorgames' and the words you wish to search for. You might need to sift through a few pages of results to check thoroughly, but it is still easier than searching these forums manually.
I hope you learn to appreciate that solution until the forum search can be reimplemented without glitches.

Is this how you do it? Awesome man, I was wondering for ages how to find anything in the community.

This has been suggested multiple times before

Yes, and for this reason it will most likely be locked. Good comeback Brrr:
maybe this question has already been ansered but i dont know because there is no search ability!
. Really states the problem.

And the question is, will a search function ever come out at all? This topic has been repeated so many times, and yet nothing has happened. Come on, Administrators, dish out some facts for us normal Armor citizens.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Is this how you do it? Awesome man, I was wondering for ages how to find anything in the community.
Now you know.
It's not always possible to find what you're looking for, because the titles cab vary so much, but it's definitely a help.

Also, you forgot to quote the second half of my first point. :P I know~

Not all of the administrators necessarily knows what's being developed, since Shpigford is the only one doing the programming...
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

since Shpigford is the only one doing the programming...

he's hardly ever online, though I wish he was
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

There was one, but it was removed because it was very bad. You could type "my mom" and get "whats your opion of Runescape (actual title first AG spam thread)"

brrrrr
brrrrr
107 posts
Nomad

thanks guys this helps me alot!!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Why doesn't AG have a goggle toolbar at the bottom of the page? Is that hard to implement?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

This idea has been brought up so many times. Armor Games did at one point put a search in, but it was so bad, I searched for "Prgramming with Flex" and got "Why are flowers yellow?" (Lol)

I have no clue if AG is going to put this in. People just use the googlle search bar for finding specific topics. This idea is almost exactly like the chatroom comimg back.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I would like to see this implemented, but definitely not if it's as glitchy as the last one...

Showing 1-12 of 12