ForumsSupport ForumWelcome to Armorpoints.com!

28 6218
NinjaMouse
NinjaMouse
46 posts
Peasant

Lets face it, armorpoints, everyone knows what they are, and everyone wants them. People on this site always thing about getting them, the best stragaties, best way and the worst ways, but think about this, have armor points taken over?
Background
Armorgames is a great site, it has many great exclusive games such as Sonny, Age of War and Fancy Pants Adventures, but recently (As of Jan 8. as a matter of fact) they have introduced armor points, the idea was great, enjoy the site and get rewarded for it.
flaws
As I have recently stated, armorpoints are a great way to get people involved in the site, however some problems remain in the system of scoring.
#1. No points awarded for actually PLAYING the games. Anyone can spam a game comment with just
"Love it" "Hate it" I admit I used to do that but really, who are we to comment on the opinion of others? It is a legitimate response, but isn't fair to those who truly want to earn those points.
#2. Merits, who cares? Sure people do help out this site but, who wants to waste ten or so minutes for just 25 points when you can get those easily (for more info see #1)
#3. Referalls, now this is just stupid, we have people asking moderaters how to get someone to apply for a referall so they can "get the points they diserve" how dumb is that? They are CLEARLY doing this just for an easy 10 points. Just look on your user profile it will likly say: So-and-so, ranked #1323ish out of 40000ish users. 40000! Where did they come from?! I mean this truly, how many different people do you see around here with points lets say...50 or more, about 10000 at the MOST where have the other 30000 come from? Obviouly some one made them up to get a quick 10 AP
Solutions
It's true, no problem is impossible to solve the same goes for armor points. Answers correspond to the problems listed above.
#1. This idea comes from Newgrounds, when rating or responding to a game, just simply block the players from rating until one or so minutes, or however long the MODS will think for them to make a serious answer. That way, players can acctually PLAY the game to get the points honestly.
#2. Merits are a great way to allow players to get some serious points for posting honest and helpful topics, but the "temptation to help isn't great enough, insted raise the points rewarded from 25 AP to about 50 AP give or take a few.
#3. Refferals, like the Merits above, people are tempted to make fake accounts the answer is to simply lower the points given during refferals OR reward them with a Non-point award, like a new aviator or something.
DISCLAMOR:
I relize that not everyone will agree with me, this is a very loose topic, what really upsets me is that they won't read the rather long post I have just made, if you have read this far, please post a "+" next to your post in you agree with this post or "-" if you do not, otherwise, your post will be ignored.

• 28 Replies
Showing 31-30 of 28