ForumsSupport Forumachievements

68 7827
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

I think that we should have an achievement system on AG. Kind of like once you beat a game, you get an achievement for it. Then weight the difficulty of the achievement and convert it to AP. I know it could probably be hard, but we could have the first couple of players of a new game to vote how hard a game is, that way an admin/mod could make an achievement for it. We could also show the achievements we have in our profile page, beneath the armatar and IDs in that big empty space.

• 68 Replies
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

then skip the AP part... sorry i didnt know it was suggested before, I looked through 8 pages of threads and couldnt find it so... but i dont think it would be copying kongregate, they have badges.. get it?

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

so what does anyone else think.. not gettin much feedback here

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Then what about a guy like me not really playing games...

How would someone notice that the game is beaten?

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

when you get the achievement.. or it says congratulations you won

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But that is juts it. Tell me a good point about this idea? I just see this as a job for the AG staff with no real benefit.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

it would be another incentive for new people to join.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

if it had them, it would make AG that much better

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Really how so? You need to tell me a benefit. Making new people come is not that good you know. We need better things.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

well whats the point of armatars or AP? its just another thing like that

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Nope. Armatars fit AG. They fit the theme. Achievements -on the other hand, you have fingers(just kidding) achievements don't fit AG. They just stand there and say "Congrats you got this and that".

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Besides this has already been suggested a million times and the final answer is-and always will be- NO.

ChopstickBoB
ChopstickBoB
142 posts
Nomad

There is an efficient method of implementation. You would just insert a new tab into an individual's user profile, and have each achievement represented by the icons already used for each game. Additional achievements could be available based on completing 10, 50, etc. games. I also agree there should be no AP bonus as that could lead to all kinds of craziness.

But that is juts it. Tell me a good point about this idea? I just see this as a job for the AG staff with no real benefit.

The benefit for us is it would be cool to know all of the games you have completed, others have completed, and thus what interests you have in common. For Armor Games it would attract and retain more users thus increasing ad revenues. Those are HUGE benefits.
ChopstickBoB
ChopstickBoB
142 posts
Nomad

Besides this has already been suggested a million times and the final answer is-and always will be- NO.

And in the end, if they don't want it, thats fine with me too. Its their site, I just play the games.
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

you have to take into consideration what the fans think. just saying no and thats final isnt very attractive. now dont go saying "then you make your own gaming site with achievements". im sure many other AG users would agree this is a good idea as well.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Getting users is already been done. We have over 100,000 but they all leave. This idea is bad in my case. No good it will do to have it. If we do get more users expect way more spam/flaming/trolling on the site.

Showing 1-15 of 68