ForumsSupport Forum15 second w8.

37 4453
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I dont know if this has benn said yet but I was just thinking what if there could be a 15 second w8 instead of a 30 second w8.

I think that would really help in threads because there are so many people who cut each other off.

• 37 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

firstly, quit the texttalk. Secondly, NO. I think 30 is a pretty awesome time to wait, and how can you possibly write a comment in under 30 seconds? If you can, most likely it's spammy... so yeah... 30 secs is pretty suitable for everyone.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

not spammy, i think its a good idea because when you go to another thread you have to refresh until it says you can post.. then do the same thing again and again

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Well First of all I can (as you put it) Text talk if I please and second of all I think this would be a good idea because mostly in the forum games there are a tremendes amounts of cut offs .

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

Well despite that people would spam possibly 15% more, Not needing as long comments and don't need to wait as long click and post, Click and post. Sorry, But really poor idea.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Wered you get the 15% from lol?

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

Random statistics... 64% of people make up percentages on the spot... Like that one.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Thirty seconds is not a long time to wait...

What difference do the cut offs make if the original poster gets the response he/she wants/needs? or gets his/her questions answered?
People know when there are cut offs and can look past it.

You can 'text talk' if you want, but I'd like to add that if you have the time to wait for a response, you have the time to type out a proper request.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

No ajal I dont like that one because it is a random statistic lol.

And pedspog about you argrument.

Sorry I didnt under stand this part

type out a proper request

Could you refrase that?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No spammers will just take advantage of this. Watch a video and wait.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I have a question about the flag thi tab.

What does that do send a messege to a armorgames staff?

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

'Type out a properrequest as' in spelling out all the words, using proper grammar etc.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Thanks pedspog

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Something besides spam that the 30 second rule was in place -- site overflow. If we make the 30 second rule into a 15 second rule, the site couldn't take so much of the sending/receiving functions back and forth, and the overall speed of the server will drop. It just goes hand-in-hand with spam. Other users like me have more than 60 WPM, so we have to wait a while to post somewhat-short replies, but it is necessary. Not that the 15 second rule is bad, it's just not good either, if we had more mature users on the site, I would go for it. But most of the time that I end up typing too fast, it would be three seconds later that the time would be up. It's really not that bad, in my opinion =)

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

bad idea buddy. As it has been said, spamers wil be able to spam even faster! And to find a new topic, read it, and the write something, 30 seconds will be well up. So no, this isn't needed nor will it ever be changed.

What's with the chat speak crap? is wait that hard to type out?

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

no. the 30 second wait is short enough as it is. if shortened, it will only increase spam.

Showing 1-15 of 37