ForumsSupport Forum15 second w8.

37 4455
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I dont know if this has benn said yet but I was just thinking what if there could be a 15 second w8 instead of a 30 second w8.

I think that would really help in threads because there are so many people who cut each other off.

• 37 Replies
recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

30 secends are good enugh 4 alot of people because, Alot of spam gose on. and if small count it could be laggey. =)

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

15 second w8 instead of a 30 second w8.

omg, when you speak, speak english not "15 second w8"
please don't text talk, it's annoying

and your idea isn't really helpful so no
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Flaming doesn't really help either, ParalysisTerror. It never really helps in any situation.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Would be good on "Commenting People" not forums,or news,or any other thing,ESPECIALLY,if your the person that has to reply to over 20 comments a day.ohh i also think people should be stripped the right of posting in ones owns profile.(Dont wanna create a new thread and it goes with this one)

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

i also think people should be stripped the right of posting in ones owns profile.(Dont wanna create a new thread and it goes with this one)

THIS is a good suggestion. Man, that's how mew users get AP nowadays, I see it all the time too. But sadly, this is off topic.. If you want to discuss it Theone, go make a thread about it, and I'll gladly top it off for you =)

Anywhoo, a legitimate comment would have to be at or more than 30 seconds to complete, unless you were just answering a question or giving good feedback. Other than that, there shouldn't be any good reason to reduce the 30 second rule. Like I said in my first post, this can also lead to flooding the site, making the server slower, and possibly crashing the site, which we wouldn't want any of that.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

It already doesn't take 30 seconds to recomment
just refresh 2-3 times and you can comment again o.O

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

It already doesn't take 30 seconds to recomment
just refresh 2-3 times and you can comment again o.O

If you count it is actually 30 seconds, might not seem like it.

i also think people should be stripped the right of posting in ones owns profile.(Dont wanna create a new thread and it goes with this one)

It doesn't hurt to make a new topic.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Darn time goes by too fast
it's actually around 35 seconds

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I disagree with this idea. What I sometimes do, when I forgotton that I had the "30 sec" rule on, is I type what I'm going to reply. After I notice that the 30 sec rule is in place, then I cut all the text, refresh the page and paste it in, and post it. This would pass the time of the 30 sec rule.

As stated above, 30 secs is not long, and it is in place for a reason. TO stop spammers. if we make it less, then there would be more spam.

Also, if you write a comment that took you less than 30 secs to write, as stated above, it is most likely that its a spam comment. Not saying that all the comments are, though.

Also, if you cannot wait 30 seconds, do something else.

This is what I do.
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

30 seconds is suitable in fact I wouldn't mind 45...really. Maybe it would cut spam down way more than what we've been seeing. If AG did every lower it (which I doubt they ever well) I almost guarantee you'll see a huge rise in spam.

madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

15 seconds, wow you are so determined for just 15 seconds less. NO WAY. This is a stupid idea it would only create more spam no questions asked. 30 seconds isn't much, and you don't need to text talk in the forums, unless you are using a phone to get on AG.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Ok, is 30 seconds really that long? Be patient.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

No 30 secends is not long for any one every 1 min. you get 2 posts okay?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh but no!
This is the only way people can practice how to post images and delete their failed attempts!
And the only way I can make little notes of how far in the comments of my profile I have replied to...

But yes, off-topic.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think it should actually be longer than 30 to slow spammers.

Showing 16-30 of 37