ForumsForum Games^, <, V game

11474 1487507
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

A traditional, house-hold favorite of my clan's forum games, the up, side, down, game. Here are the rules:

Rule #1:

^ = Answering someone's question

< = What you are currently doing now, or what you have done recently

V = Your very own question that the user below you will answer

Rule #2: Do NOT post "also" questions! This means that: e.g. You are
drinking a glass of tea, so you would ask the question,
"also drinking tea?" This is a giant no-no among my people.
Be creative!

Rule #3: This is not a truth-or-dare game! Do not post questions that
will make the user uncomfortable, such as sexual questions,
or those that the below user deems inappropriate. So don't
ask these questions please.

Rule #4: Of course, do not flame, spam, or abuse. Typical
rule in every thread.

Since I'm the starter, I cannot ask a question, so...

<: Posting this thread

V: Are you going to watch the new movie Twilight at 12:00 AM, or when
the crowd is smaller?

• 11,474 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

^ RPG Rulez!

< Trying to fix the mine's air purifier in Broken Hills.

V What's your least favourite type of games?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

^ Well, probably this. I've seen worse, though.

< Finally attaining the bravery to check out my 1000th post. Whenever I show something to anyone, I just want to forever burn what I have made and go live in a rabbit hole, safe from all embarrassment and become an idol for off the grid living.

V You've got a cosy little cottage on a lakeside next to a mountain and a forest. But you only get 50 kWh of electricity a month. Do you move in?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

^ Mars

< Programming Arduinos

v Arduino or Rasberry Pi?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

^ Raspberry Pi because of threading. It's much more useful to me at least.

< Going to school. Again.

V High School or work?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

^ Uh, I've only ever experienced one of those and I hate it, so... Neither.

< Texting

v Favorite programming language?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

^ Listen to some music

< Listening to music

v Favorite song?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

^ It's hard because I don't listen to music that much. I sometimes listen to Viva la vida, Undercode's hero and paradise (coldplay). They all give me a sense of nostalgia, daydreams and thoughts of what could've been.

< Extruding soy

V Nostalgia. Love it or hate it?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

^ I'm neutral about other people's nostalgia, it's people's choice what to spend time on. I learned to be as little sentimental and nostalgic as possible - from the future taking only lessons. Focusing on what's right now and what's going to be.

< Relaxing comfortably after an active relax.

V What's your favourite outdoor leisure activity?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

^ At the moment that's Fallout 2. I like that in literally every place you visit, you change its destination, either for better, or worse. It's incredibly sophisticated if it comes to alliances and consequences.

< Chilling to Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack and playing the game. Hmm CivV you say? If it's that good I maybe gonna buy it. From this series I played only good old 3.

V Your best year in the history of computer games?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

^ On most situations rational thinking + action is what helps me: analyzing and a few minutes of planning on how to get out of a dump, then of course executing this! But often this alone won't work or just can’t be forced. I visit my buddies, especially a dude that I know for 20 years, but usually I'd dodge seeing them when feeling really unwell. Confiding is not my thing - rather drinking beers and encouraging them (and me) that nothing really happened (break from rational thinking :P ). Playing games only helps when I really have to forget about a failure and give myself a time to recharge motivation (otherwise a pause). If nothing else helps, I just train to vent, it's the least pleasant but very efficient method to improve mood. The last thing: rest.

A few words on this rational thinking: on one hand I don’t deceive myself (yeah… when not drinking with buddies) with overly positive thinking. On the other hand I fight with pessimism before it sprouts. Only REALLY important tasks I support with a pessimistic realism (+ action looking like a mild OCD).

< Going to sleep. Zoo Tycoon, I remember that game! xD The first part from 2001. I played a free demo and then full. Also lost somewhere in time and places.

V How do you reward yourself for accomplishments?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

^ I usually treat myself to some cake or something and later beat myself up over eating cake.

< Fighting compulsive urges.

V Would you rather be 1 decimetre tall or 3 metres tall? 3.6 inches or 9 feet 10 inches tall?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

^ 3 metres, that would beat the historical record. Being 1 decimetre tall would be just too dangerous.

< Fighting with slavers.

V Would you rather have fire or ice magic?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

^ "Njoki" and pork cooked in a special sauce my mom knows. Can't get enough of it!

< school break

V Japan or China?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

^ Japan for anime and high tech.

< I also like these njoki - especially potato ones and with goulash. Regional name is "kopytka".

V Do you like mussels?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

^ Wow, you really left me with a choice, eh? One hundred duck-sized horses. But I'm guessing this is with my bare hands. I'd go for the big duck if I had a loaded gun or something.

< Geography! Yay!

V Who would win in a fight: a two-headed dinosaur or robotic bigfoot?

Showing 10996-11010 of 11474