ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThanksgiving Armatar Contest!

197 36987
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

The Halloween Armatar Contest was so successful, that we will be doing it for other holidays as well! It was a great opportunity to see all of the creative talent on Armor Games.

So now we are on the theme of Thanksgiving! I know this is a mostly Americanized holiday, and that it doesn't really reflect what happened historically... but it is still a good time of year to spend time with friends and family, and eat some delicious food!

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Thanksgiving themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome armatars =)

• 197 Replies
recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

Sorry I tried to post a pitcher =(

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Press the 'Link' button above the messenger, and paste the image link in there.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

you have to put

[img.] [/img.] without the periods,and anyone wan to let me know how to at least out on out there i have some ideas.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

Forget it i suck...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Ok, so my uhm...armatar nominee didn't have a background, and I should've seen this coming..

Here's my nominee with an added background and a few additions:

and here's the image that comes with it:

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr218/ShintetsuWA/Capricorn--Lloyd-1.jpg

I would like this selection to be my new choice

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Do you mean nominee? Or submission? Did you originally make that armatar?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yeah, the two that I submitted were all from me. But the first one I made didn't have a background, and the post above you does, so I would like that to be the submission.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Anyone tell me how to make a picture?..please?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I used mine with Paint, as basic as is possible =)

You need something to upload your picture on, so I used a photobucket account to do so. Then, give the link to AG, and the picture will show up! Simple =D

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@Shintetsu:
It looks awesome, but it doesn't look square.

*stares at Cenere's entry*

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

... Why...?
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

@Shintetsu:
It looks awesome, but it doesn't look square.

The smallest I could get was 75x100! *sniff* I couldn't make a square... Thanks for the comment though =)
darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

How would you make a picture? I really want to join these contest but i don't know how to make a picture! some one please tell.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

How would you make a picture?

Get a art programme, either use paint like Shintetsu did, or download gimp. Sit down, get an idea, draw.
Make an account on photobucket, upload the picture, take the DIRECT link and put it in the img code.
And you have submitted a picture.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

On the bottom of page 4, I explained how to do so, Darkd00m. Give it a shot, I want to see what you can come up with =)

Showing 31-45 of 197