ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThanksgiving Armatar Contest!

197 36904
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

The Halloween Armatar Contest was so successful, that we will be doing it for other holidays as well! It was a great opportunity to see all of the creative talent on Armor Games.

So now we are on the theme of Thanksgiving! I know this is a mostly Americanized holiday, and that it doesn't really reflect what happened historically... but it is still a good time of year to spend time with friends and family, and eat some delicious food!

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.

4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Thanksgiving themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome armatars =)

• 197 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

@kingryan, it looks a little red. The bone is pink and the skin is a deep red color.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Kingryan

You should smooth en it a little more and use different colors to blend in with it to make it look more realistic and some shadings on the edges. Other then, it looks good.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Kingryan what program do you use by the way, doesn't look like GIMP.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

But I made a pretty awesome capricorn [...]

No. You didn't.
It's a pretty awesome cornucopia.

I want to see some pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. There don't seem to be as many entries as for the Halloween Armatar contest.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I want to see some pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. There don't seem to be as many entries as for the Halloween Armatar contest.

Pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce are plain. Draw an orange pie and a red jelly with a can shape, that's fun.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

@kingryan, it looks a little red. The bone is pink and the skin is a deep red color.

I hate being colourblind! I'll try and fix it...*shudders*

You should smooth en it a little more and use different colors to blend in with it to make it look more realistic and some shadings on the edges. Other then, it looks good.

I'll try...Once again...colourblindness doesnt help!

Kingryan what program do you use by the way, doesn't look like GIMP.

It is GIMP...I just suck at it so much...

I might try again...in another program...if I have time...I have two assignments due Tuesday that I need to finish today because I have to play my sax Monday Night...

KIngRyan
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

No. You didn't.
It's a pretty awesome cornucopia.

This is what happens when you are away from America for 8 years.... Your forget that it's called cornucopia instead of capricorn...
adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

All of these are pretty great. Though my favorite would have to be ShintetsuWA

FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

Good luck to everyone. I hope every body is ready for some Thanksgiving dinner! I don't have the skills to make a thanksgiving one lol but if we had a military contest I could do that =)

Nice job to the ones who submitted some, they look good.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hey, if you have some ideas, I am sure most of us would try and draw it, if you want?

Sad to say I wll not have any turkey, as I am not an American...

FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

Sure I will be sure to let you know. I had a picture I made for the Marines in a game a while back I don't know if I still have it but that would be way to big. In my opinion a few symbol armatars would be good.

No turkey? I'm sorry man. I hope you still have a great Thanksgiving though

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

How do you make amartars ?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, I've said it 3 times, but all you have to do is use a image creation place, like Paint, or GIMP, whichever, then create the image with your ideas. Then use something like a photobucket account and upload the image here in link form.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

These are great! When is thanksgiving? The twentyseventh? Being Australian... *thumps chest, coughs*

I like shin's and Gantic's the most... TURKEY WIF A HAT!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

As to when I will start uploading them: when we get more entries!

I hope to see some more high quality entries before adding them, just so that we can start off with a good choice of armatars. So far, not a whole lot of submissions have been posted.

Showing 61-75 of 197