ForumsSupport ForumAP for beating games

15 2610
Robo_Hobo
Robo_Hobo
11 posts
Nomad

i think armorgames sould add a link that gives you AP after you have completed a game. the more longer and harder the game, the more AP you get, if you agree or have any thought or comments post them here

• 15 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

This is almost like the "achievements" thread. The moderators don't want us to have too much fun, so this will probably never happen.

madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

FLippin, you correct. This topic has been mention many times as AP for playing games and as achievments, and it would be more work for the mods that are trying to control spam, achivments would aslo be copying Kongregate and AG should be different. Flippin, the mods just don't really have the time to do this and i favor it as a stupid idea.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

I disagree with you Flippin Moderators want us to have the most enjoyable and SAFE experience online. Anyways most Mods and Admins are to busy to even work on the Leader Board if that puts anything into perspective.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I was just kidding around when I said that, but seriously people are always saying that they are waiting for better things. What better things are we waiting for? This site gets on my nerves sometimes, but I still love it.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

This idea would be just too hard to implement. i mean, they would have to play the game, chose how much ap to give, and somehow install a link into the game that just gives you ap...and what about hackers?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Just try to earn merits and please look around for repeated threads.

I want my idea to get implemented but some people don't like it.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

[quote]Hmmm.... Kinda like this idea....[quote]

It's not a good idea...

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

It is a bad idea,it's just like achievments for games but set out in standard a different way.And also,people can use walkthroughs.

darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

I like this, it's a cool way to have fun, and earn ap.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

It wouldn't be cool. You guys are coping X-box 360.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

This is almost like the "achievements" thread. The moderators don't want us to have too much fun, so this will probably never happen.

Uhm...what? Ok, look, I know that the moderators end threads and such, while telling users to do certain things, almost sternly, but in no way do they ever want to restrict you from having fun... Those are called Forum Nazis, which none of the moderators are. Once you get to know them, the moderators are actually pretty cool. And no, I'm not brown-nosing, or being a suck up, it's the truth.

The reason why this is probably not going to happen, is because you could keep beating the game over and over again, thus nabbing AP systematically. The part about this being similar to achievements and KG, I'm not sure about, but it seems to be that way. The AG staff wishes to stay an independent website, and will not mimic other gaming websites.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Okay.. tell me:
a) Why you want to implement it?
b) How do you suggest Mr. Ford code this?
c) Why on Earth should we be earning AP for games that we play for fun? There's enough ways to earn AP. Also, by earning AP for completing games, you're just telling users: "the only reason you should finish the game is to earn some useless points (AP)!" -- forget enjoying the website for what it is, or even giving quality feedback to authors.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Why on Earth should we be earning AP for games that we play for fun? There's enough ways to earn AP. Also, by earning AP for completing games, you're just telling users: "the only reason you should finish the game is to earn some useless points (AP)!" -- forget enjoying the website for what it is, or even giving quality feedback to authors.

Jackpot! Yes it the same thing as saying that. Thanks Zone for making this clear. You haven't been here a long time and we really needed your feedback.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Hmmmm isn't this sort of like Kon then?
We will just be stealing there ideas and also aren't games just played for fun not for points?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Why on Earth should we be earning AP for games that we play for fun? There's enough ways to earn AP. Also, by earning AP for completing games, you're just telling users: "the only reason you should finish the game is to earn some useless points (AP)!" -- forget enjoying the website for what it is, or even giving quality feedback to authors.

I don't play for fun most of the time since I don't enjoy most of the games. Curiosity is a larger factor. So I'm saying, "The only reason you should finish a game that you don't like is to have a better of understanding of a game to give some quality feedback." (unless it's just too hard to continue with the game.) I wouldn't mind getting an extra bonus. But I don't want to deal with the extra load time, extra caching, extra anything that takes more time from me and the game, especially if it means extra points. I don't want to be compensated for "waiting".

But in other words: I don't play for fun but mostly curiosity. Completing a game is just beyond the fun. It adds perspective. Earning points for it, sure that'd be nice, but spending your time experiencing a creator's work might just be worth it. Perceptions can change as a game is completed.

Example: I didn't like Phage Wars, which was rather slow. I beat it with one species. But I realized it locks out any species you used to dominate. So I was interested. And continued until I beat it with every single species, (That's 4 hours not consecutive. 30 minutes per species.) to find out what happens at the end. Only to find out there was no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It automatically resets! *headdesk* I want some points for that! [/rhetorical] but I haven't written a comment for it yet. 4 hours.

So I go on with this already insanely long post on a slightly different topic.

Just try to earn merits

Merits aren't worth more if they are of a better quality. Playing a game depending on length/difficulty and whatnot was proposed to be on a sliding scale of quality, so it's incomparable. I have merits that I am proud of, merits I am not proud of, non-merits I am even more proud of the merits I am proud of, but the merits are all worth the same and non-merits are all worth the same. If I beat a particularly long and difficult game and get a bunch of points, or some short, inane game, and get zero or one points, then I'd agree with it.

And I go on to another problem with earning points for beating games, but although it touches tangentially, I will not going into the achievements idea (and this ties in closely with achievements) which has been knocked down so many times before.

Another problem I have with this idea, what does the first person who beats it get? I mean there are walkthroughs and guides giving out answers to point-and-clicks. Those aren't hard to follow and aren't hard to beat. So the first person who figures it out gets as much as a person who follows a guide? It's hardly fair.
Showing 1-15 of 15