ForumsSupport ForumThe Messenger

18 3231
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

The messenger counts as a comment. I talk in my messenger,but I've just recently noticed that they give you 2 AP per post. I, personally would like to see the AG Messenger to be worth 0. What's you opinions on this? (Sorry, if this has been made be4)

• 18 Replies
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

I personally think this is a horrible idea. Most people mainly gain their ap from the messenger, so if they took it away, what would they do? i mean, some people have like 2000+ messages so they would lose 4000 ap...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The only ones that should be 0 AP are the cussing ones. But no i don't agree. Firetail has over 11k comments and would they be in vain? No right. So no to this.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I agree with this idea, why should people talk for points? It's ridiculous how fast AP is being gained. Also, the messenger in the games goes by the same system so a whole new one would have to be made for profiles. This suggestion probably won't go through, but it's a good suggestion.

destroyerkevin
destroyerkevin
506 posts
Nomad

no it should'nt be 0 ap per comment because than rating would also be useless and that makes ap worthless

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It is only for the messenger. You get AP from posting in the forums and rating/commenting on games, so it would just be one way of getting AP less.
Juan and Deth4, if you can make it stronger, then I am in for it.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

i think that this is a bad idea cause if you take away that and leave only rating and commenting games then it would practicly be imposible to get to gold king so bad idea

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

It is only for the messenger. You get AP from posting in the forums and rating/commenting on games, so it would just be one way of getting AP less.
Juan and Deth4, if you can make it stronger, then I am in for it.

Thanks but it';s going to take a long time. We got to make the idea ice col then get a poll and make it win then ask Carlie and many others.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

well, I have around....10,000 some from my messanger, so i say no.

i would like this on game comments though. it would discourage people to post on the games as they would get no Ap.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Just wanna draw some attention to this replicate of this idea, because some discussion went on in it and it got locked because of this thread's existence.
So... Carry on, if you want.

i think that this is a bad idea cause if you take away that and leave only rating and commenting games then it would practicly be imposible to get to gold king so bad idea
It would only take longer time.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't mind if we had no AP count, but I would really hate to lose the post count. I'm honestly proud of my forum activity.

No AP does not mean no forum post count.

The AP system also encourages people to rate games falsely for AP. Just find a game and click a random button without even playing it.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Oh yes... I actually saw someone telling someone how to rate multiple games at a time when asked how to earn AP quickly...

Sheez.

But post count stays, no matter what happens to the AP counts~

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

As long as the comments in your messenger aren't
spam this shouldn't matter.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

But post count stays, no matter what happens to the AP counts~

I have accumulated the most posts in a relative amount of time and am now 4-5th in rank for the most, so I like the forum posts as well.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

If this was implemented then everyone would lose ap but it would be relative, so the rankings would not shift so much. It would definitely knock spam on the head, but idk, many people who have earned lots would be against it.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

No need to make comments no points, just raise the value of a forum post.

I think the whole system was implanted at first to encourage users to be active. Making it 0 AP would ruin its purpose.

Showing 1-15 of 18