ForumsSupport ForumTextbox text not equal to comment text?

38 5036
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I've been meaning to ask this before, but why is the text when you type the comment, different from when you post the comment? I don't like it because when you type it, it makes it look like a long comment, but it really isn't.

It's not a big deal, but I would like to know.

• 38 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes i know! If you write 3 sentences it comes to 1 or 1 and one-fourth.

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

Because do you not see the width difference in the box? The box is about 3/4's the size of the actual post.

So that's why :@

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It's about two lines worth of the reply box, to make one line of the complete reply. About this length is the amount for two lines of text.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yes I already know that, but why?

Im askign why the text is different not why it comes out differently.

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

oh you mean like the Font size or like style of text? I thought you meant coming out shorter.

It just looks a little bolder to me.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

That's the only difference, that the text box is smaller in length than the actual reply. I wouldn't worry about it.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That's a mystery. Perhaps the size of the comment box changes the format of the post?

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Because do you not see the width difference in the box? The box is about 3/4's the size of the actual post.

So that's why :@

This is partially correct, but the font pays an even bigger role in comment size. :P
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

oh you mean like the Font size or like style of text? I thought you meant coming out shorter.

It just looks a little bolder to me.

No no no! Look. I post 5 lines of text right? When i click submit, 3-4 lines come out even when i wrote 5.
Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

[quoteThis is partially correct, but the font pays an even bigger role in comment size. :P[/quote]

I would not say BIGGER... The box size definitely effects it more.

The font is barely different.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I would not say BIGGER... The box size definitely effects it more.

The font is barely different.

Dude, No it does not. The font style is totally different, and this is why it comes out differently.
Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

Flippin, The comment box is like 3/8's shorter then the comment! it obviously has a HUGE effect on it! The font is like not at all different except a little bolder.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I wouldn't worry about it.

It's not a big deal, but I would like to know.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o378/mopkey/is.jpg

The top is what is posted the bottom is typing.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I have Google Chrome, and it allows me to change comment box size. When I change it to the same size as the comment, it still comes out shorter. It's obviously the font that makes it smaller.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

The font does make up alot of it... as does the box. It's really not a problem unless you're doing ascll art or smilies. Do you have an issue with this? Now excuse me, I'm going to make this 5 lines. bl abla b alablab labreuw sfjs kld jf FLEDGLING HAPPY MONkEY THIS IS NOT SPAM!lol.

Showing 1-15 of 38