ForumsSupport ForumMake your own Armatures

10 4588
FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

I think you should be able to make your own armature. Have a certain file size limit and then submit the picture. It will break it down to a thumbnail size like the ones we see now.

• 10 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No this has been suggested before and people can abuse of it by making mean, offensive or inappropriate pictures. You need a long way to go before you unlock... over 70 more. Please don't complain.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Go to the armatar contest in the Art section.
And no, you cannot have you own random image, as that would make it possible to make inappropiate armatar, without the mods being able to moderate it. Be glad we have the contest at least.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes that's true! We had various users such as Cenere make a armatar for Halloween and we got to use it as armatar! How cool is that!

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

See, I had this conversation with Carlie... *my comments in plain italic, hers in bold*

I'm actually making some unofficial dinosaur armatars~
These are the sketches: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121 ⦠otdino.jpg
I wouldn't think you'd actually use them, but maybe grab them as - ideas for a set in the future? I'll finish them either way, for the fun of it.
Since I remember the comments you made when the dinosaur idea was brought up, I figured you might would wanna see them~

Those are so awesome! =) I like them a lot. I will keep it in mind if we ever decide to start using member made armatars in the future ;-)

Oho!
I actually intend to make those look somewhat professional (because I might be able to), keeping a colour theme and making three little sets (wanna make at least two more).
I guess I can have a little tiny piece of hope for them actually possibly (just maybe) being considered as available armatars one day. ^^

I am not personally opposed to the idea, especially seeing how well the Halloween ones went. But I would worry about if we let one person submit them and use them, then we would get a ton of people trying to get theirs in as well.

I guess you could set some sort of standards?
Only submitting sets, keeping a theme to them, and such?
Could be very interesting to see usermade armatars in sets - it would look a bit too random if they were just one here, and one there~

Yea, that would definitely help regulate the types of ones we get submitted. I like the idea. I just don't know if the rest of the admins will =) lol.

With a big effing huge MAYBE they are considering this. If Carlie haven't forgotten.
And no, I won't show you my armatar sets yet.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Thanks Juan.

Why can I not see them, then?
I think there is a possibility of this, but not quite in the way people would think. As some of the users have a talent in drawing thos should be asked to make certain armatars to people, having the mods and admins making them official. I do not like the idea of everyone making their own, as some might post inappropiate images, or steal the artwork of others.

But requests for each batch should be a possibility, as well as more people working on each batch, making them both customized and official.

FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

Ah I see, well then I will certainly check that out. Thanks for the info guys

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No problem! We're here to help out!

Thanks Juan.

no problem to you too!
bhupesh
bhupesh
9 posts
Herald

but how can i do that ?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You can use programs like 'Paint' or 'Gimp' to make your creations @bhupesh ... and if you want to check it out, there are Armatar Contests that allow you to enter your artwork and have it uploaded to choose and wear as your Armatar. But there are rules involved in these contests, and there's always a theme you need to follow. For clarification, random entries are not allowed for use, ok? If you have any other questions, please comment on my profile: @MrDayCee

TwentyPilots
TwentyPilots
10 posts
Blacksmith

I wouldn't want my own - I'm too happy with this adorable Yeti! I can see why it's not allowed too, people choose the most bizarre things. As for programs I recommend Paint.net - it's much more versatile than Paint and it's completely free, I've been using it for years. (It even has layers)

Showing 1-10 of 10