ForumsSupport ForumAG game makers

6 1748
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

AG should have a tab which should have a list of game making programs that it sponsors or likes. With a link attachment so we could access them. This would be very useful for those who are considering the art of making games or even just the fact that they want to contribute to AG.

• 6 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

The only games included in AG is .SWF (shockwave flash) and the program used could be found in the programming help section.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I'm thinking that most people must use adobe, so I guess that's recommended. I'm not sure, though...

You could easily just ask DM about this, though.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

@plokkey
Yes, I know this but I just thougt it would be easier to identify it or find it via The Game Maker Tab. It's catchy too! Double bonus! [1 for the idea, 2 for its greatness] XD

@firetail_madness
Yes, true. . . but wouldn't it be nice to see all the available programs out there? Have more choices, and experiment with the different layouts of each Game Maker programs? See where Im getting at?

Also firetail, use the ellipsis in the write context please [. . .]
It just bugs me. :3

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yes, I know this but I just thougt it would be easier to identify it or find it via The Game Maker Tab. It's catchy too! Double bonus! [1 for the idea, 2 for its greatness] XD

Why? I think theres only like 2 programs that use .swf and can be submiitted to AG. There are lots of game making programs, most that do squat and can be used for nothing.

Yes, true. . . but wouldn't it be nice to see all the available programs out there? Have more choices, and experiment with the different layouts of each Game Maker programs? See where Im getting at?

Google the information you want.

It just bugs me. :3

OCD getting to you?
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Plokkey got it, and what would we need this for?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Let me step in as a game developer. The truth is that if you are into games you will probably already know how to make them. If you want to get into it we have many threads about it in the programming section. And the fact of the matter is there is only one solid choice for making a flash game and it's Adobe's Flash CS3 or CS4. People might use older versions such as Macromedia flash but it is still nonetheless flash. It is probably what 95% if not 99% of the games here are made with and it would almost be redundant to add it anywhere else.

Showing 1-6 of 6