26 posts
Nomad

how can i get mirts ?????[b]

• 26 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Write a review thatis good enough to be rewarded with a merit, or win one of the contests in the Art secion.

stonester
stonester
120 posts
Nomad

right a big paragraghf

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Merit Standards
We have been getting a lot of complaints lately about people not getting merits for their comments. This is not necessarily because we have not seen them, but because we have heightened our standards of what constitutes a merit worthy comment. We have put our standards into some guidelines, so that you guys can see what we look for in a merit:
1) Perfect or near perfect grammar. Remember to use capitalization and proper spelling.
2) Structured - try to give some flow and structure to what you are writing. Don't just around from topic to topic.
3) Comprehensive, and with unique insight into the game that we somehow deem to be valuable.
4) Coherent. A lot of reviews that follow the recommended template become an exercise unto itself i.e. they don't really make sense when you actually read them. They sometimes even contradict themselves. These sort of comments don't get merits. Just because it is long, does not mean it will get a merit. It has to make sense too.
5) Contains constructive criticism of the game. Tell us the changes that you would make to the game, and why. What do you approve of? What don't you like?
6) Do not ask for a merit. Chances are, if you have to ask for a merit, you will not get one. It highly reduces your chances of receiving one, and makes us sad every time you ask

In the moderator and MERIT thread....
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

dont ask people for merits. write something that can help a developer with problems, glitches, bugs, or just improvements.

crazjayz
crazjayz
243 posts
Nomad

Here's a better question, how OFTEN are merits awarded?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Merits are awarded randomly, when moderators and admins go through the games. This depends on how active the moderators are at the time. I don't think a whole lot have been going out recently however, because people don't seem to be leaving as high of quality comments as they used to. It used to be quite easy to find a fantastic comment. Going through the newer games, quality just seems to be dropping. I think people are getting lazy with it and just using the same general outline for every game. So not many merits are being awarded.

People tend to complain that merits aren't going out, but we are still actively looking. We just aren't finding as high of quality comments as we want. If people want more merits, then they need to put more effort into it ;-)

So, how often merits are awarded depend on both our activity, and how well they are being written.

crazjayz
crazjayz
243 posts
Nomad

Well put Carlie. I will look forward to receiving a merit. =P (read: I feel that the reviews I write are well written and meaningful). hee hee

... and no, before I get flamed or anything, I'm not ASKING for one or putting myself on a pedestal, I just feel that when I write a review, I will have substance worthy of a merit.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I just feel that when I write a review, I will have substance worthy of a merit.

Good, and that is what we are looking for. Substance, quality. Many people seem to think that as long as their review is lengthy, that they will get a merit. But even if it is long, that doesn't mean it says much. We are definitely looking for quality, not quantity.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

[...] people don't seem to be leaving as high of quality comments as they used to. It used to be quite easy to find a fantastic comment. Going through the newer games, quality just seems to be dropping.

I'm pretty sure that's because everyone is busy with school or something else. I don't see any of names I sometimes look for when reading the game comments.
Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

http://armorgames.com/page/help

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I has questions regarding merits but I don't want to started a new thread and they are relates-ted to this anyway.

Supposes I want to helps people writed the higher quality game comments. I mean makes them has more deeper insights into the game beyond superficialed template.

Firstlies, would this be alloweded?
Secondlied, where would this goes-es?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

1) Yeah, I'm pretty sure you are allowed to help people learn to write merits. Actually it's probably encourage worthy. If you can get more people to drop the templates, I'd be happy about that...
2) Newcomers forum section?Not completely sure, but since it would be kind of tutoring, that would possibly be a good place?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Man this is why i want people to have a automatic tutorial or tour on AG so they won't make tons of these. They don't even bother to check the hep section.

If we did we would have less duplicated threads.

Way less........

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Hey, juan, ignore the duplicate part and respond to Gantic's question... Your post was a bit pointless... Just like the one I'm making now, crab.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Oh yes that.

I think i it's allowed. I don't see how helping other raise their quality of comments result bad.

Secondlied, where would this goes-es?

If you mean in the forums, I say in S&S.
Showing 1-15 of 26