ForumsSupport ForumThe Community (forum) Functions

6 1986
crazjayz
crazjayz
243 posts
Nomad

I know I'm new to AG, but I'm definitely not new to any sort of online forum system. I know AG's community (forum) is proprietary, but it lacks in so many functions. Why don't we just use something like vBulletin to run the Community?

I seriously feel to cut down on spam threads AND posts, a search function is A MUST. Without one, you'll always have lazy people who won't search through ever post to see if there has been a thread already created about their topic.

As of right now, I suggest have a BASIC search function run through Google. The search string would be:

"site//armorgames.com/community/forum/34/support-and-suggestions/ XYZ"

Where XYZ was the topic one would be searching for. That search string searches through the Support and Suggestions area of the Community.

Another function that is missing from AG is a Private Messaging system. Yeah, right now we can post on each other's walls, but PMs are much more effective.

Finally, some sort of subscription ability to monitor threads that uses have posted in would be a boon for the community. It would foster continuous conversation and take some stress from clicking every single thread just to re-read what you missed after you posted.

Anyway, these are just a couple suggestions employed by other forum systems. I do realize that AG codes their community by hand, so some thing are much harder to do (such as the PM function).

***Note, I actually didn't search the whole subforum to see if a thread like his was already created. Sorry.***

• 6 Replies
crazjayz
crazjayz
243 posts
Nomad

Oh, also an "edit/delete" function for posts would be nice. For instance, so that I don't have to post this message right after my main post. hehe.

I'll think of more suggestions...

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Read the sticky and you'll see all your time gone to waste.

Hopefully you can find it.....

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

All of these suggestions have been suggested but only one is good. Edit function. Private messaging is only for privacy not for the good of the site. If you look at it, it could turn into major spam.

If you want to find a thread use Google and that's it. Problem solved and no extra work for the dev's.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Sorry i forgot to add this.

We can't push the limits of the site "now". This site has barely over one year and it has improved. We need better things like a "block user" option or edit function etc. Something that helps AG.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I agree, a lot of these features are not very necessary, but some are really good like block user, would be very helpful for most people.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

All of these suggestions have been suggested but only one is good. Edit function. Private messaging is only for privacy not for the good of the site. If you look at it, it could turn into major spam.

Private messaging includes blocking with the PMer.
Showing 1-6 of 6