47 posts
Scribe

What kind of comments are spams?

• 2 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

We have a spam guide in the newcomers forum...

If you think of spam as 'stupid pointless annoying messages', you cover most of it...
A post or comment consisting of 6 or less words are most often considered spam unless it is in a forum game.
Being off-topic is also considered spam. If it is only a little part of you post it is usually alright, but always try to stay on topic in the forums.
Spam in game comments are all those that doesn't actually say anything about the game. Sometimes they are longer than 7 words, but still not constructive in any way.
If you go around posting random things on peoples' profiles or post a lot on your own, that is spam too. Conversations are okay, just don't do the 'what's up' to everybody.
Repeating an answer to a question that has been asked in a forum thread is a very annoying but well disguised form of spam. Always read at least a few pages of the thread you are posting in, to make sure sure you're not just repeating what others said already.

I think that's all of the spam types, but I might have forgotten something... Anyway, hope I didn't get ninja'd, this took a while to type...

Oh, and pretty sure it's a duplicate thread. But too lazy to search.

aidemipushi
aidemipushi
47 posts
Scribe

Thanks. I trying to not spam,but my english is not that good and I cannot write whatever I want. I play every single game,rate it and give comment. For only few games I left more than 1 comment and in every comment I try write as much I can. But lots of my comments for somebody looks like spams.

Showing 1-2 of 2