ForumsProgramming ForumMochi Ads?

8 3092
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Just wondering, are there any bad side effects of using MochiAds?

It is not allowed for games submitted on ArmorGames, but is there a reason for that? Is it actually some sort of malware or something? Do I have anything to worry about?

• 8 Replies
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Or does ArmorGames allow Domain Filtering?

If a sponsor wants a version of the game not containing ads, is there a simple way to block the ad for the sponsor's site?
When you enter in a domain to be filtered, whenever the game is played from that host, we will not show any network or custom ads. Each domain you enter will be filtered. This way, if the game gets copied to another site, then ads are turned on and you make more money. No need for domain locking!
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I've been wanting to know too, the best answer I got was something bizarre saying "they load when they don't need to", whatever that means

I have no interest in using it, but if it does something bad, we should know so we can alert others

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Why would anyone think that mochiads would be harmful?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, obviously, the fact that AG doesn't allow these ads on submitted games poses SOME SORT of reason... I heard that they load autonomously, yes, but I have no clue about any other causes. I guess because of the unintentional loads, they mess the game up and ruin the gamers' moment, but that's all I have right now.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

AG doesn't allow them because it takes the focus off their ads.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

It doesn't make much sense, since they allow other ads

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

But all those ads are theirs.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan