ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmatars

16 3460
FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

Now I know this has nothing to do with Thanksgiving and all but would it be cool if we had like a America\\patriotic\\military armature contest?

• 16 Replies
FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

Armatars sorry for the mispelling

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I would be against for the possible 'romoting war' thing, and because a large amount of AG users are not from America. Thus the patriotism is somewhat misplaced...

Dunno, try asking Carlie. She's the head chief of armatar contests around here.

Hmm, actually, if you want to you can just make such a contest. There's just no promise they'll ever be used, but that is not necessarily a reason to not make them.

FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

Ok thanks, I will certainly talk to her.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I would go more for a St.Patrick's Day Armatar contest =)

Leprechauns, Rainbows, pots of gold... blue moons, shooting stars and red balloons (stupid lucky charms cereal...)

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

SInce Im Irish, I want St.Patrick's Day Armatars! I agree with Shin!

FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

I'm ok with Irish lol Notra Dame lol. I'm just really patriotic and joining the military in 2 years so.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I love that idea, but since there are alot of people from differnt countries that will never happen.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It's gotta be a universal-type event. Although now that I think about it, I don't think Thanksgiving is a sort of universal event at all... Well its an exception! XD St.Patrick's day will work juusst fine =)

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Now I know this has nothing to do with Thanksgiving and all but would it be cool if we had like a America\\\\patriotic\\\\military armature contest?

Well you could wait until the next veterans day,which I would imagine would be awhile from now,but really Armor Games is not all obsessed with the military.Still I think the closest thing to a patriotism related holiday that could be pushed for a contest would probably be independence day.Also known as July 4th.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I love that idea, but since there are alot of people from differnt countries that will never happen.
Thanksgiving and Halloween happened, they're not really international...

I'm supporting the St. Patrick's one.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well you could wait until the next veterans day,which I would imagine would be awhile from now,but really Armor Games is not all obsessed with the military.Still I think the closest thing to a patriotism related holiday that could be pushed for a contest would probably be independence day.Also known as July 4th.

Remember CrimsonBlade, that not everyone is in the USA, it's gotta be universally related. Like St. Patty's Day =)
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

As cool as this is, I don't think this will really work. It would be insulting to people from other countries if we had armatars commemorating Americans in war. What if we made some world war 2 armatars or something? Wouldn't the people from Germany, Italy, Japan, etc. be upset?

FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

Well not really if you think about it, it would be a contest. If they did not particapate in it then it is there own fault. Also we helpped them in the war so to speak so they wouldnt be upset. If they want armatars for there country then they should make them and enter them in the contest.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

St Patricks day could be cool...

I just made this...seriously...I MADE IT! I was like WHOA, did I actually make this? And I did!

Yay for Vector Art!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/drawing.jpg

I don't believe that I made it...but I did!

KingRyan

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

I would be against for the possible 'romoting war' thing, and because a large amount of AG users are not from America.

how do you know that? do you just look at people's flags on their profiles?
Showing 1-15 of 16