ForumsSupport ForumMerit Recognition

17 3641
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hey everyone, I have started a group called Merit Recognition. It is for people to suggest merit worthy comments to moderators, so we can make sure to get more merits out there to the users who deserve them. So far we have been getting a lot of great suggestions, so I thought I would try to expand it by letting more people know about it. This really helps us out a lot, because we are not able to go through all of the game comments on the site. So if you happen to run by a great comment, you can now report it to the Merit Recognition profile page.

Here is some information and guidelines:

--------------------ABOUT----------------------
This is a place for users such as yourself to help recognize great comments! If you see a Merit-Worthy comment on a game, let us know by submitting it here (on the Merit Recognition profile)! Prior to any submissions, please read the following Rules and Guidelines:
----------RULES & GUIDELINES----------
1. Do not nominate yourself.
2. Do not team up with a friend to nominate each other. This would be obvious, and then neither member would get the points.
3. Only nominate a comment if it has the following qualities:
-A: Good grammar
-B: Proper capitalization
-C: It has to be reasonably long. A decent thorough review cannot be made in just 2 or 3 sentences.
-D: It has to be appropriate and address the game specifically.
-E: Cannot just be composed of number ratings for each category. There needs to be more to it than that.
-----------SUBMISSION FORM------------
Game:
Link:
Page the comment is on:
Name of the commenter:

So if you would like to check out the profile page for it, you can go here and take a look.

Don't suggest comments in this forum topic, if you have someone to suggest, please go to the profile. And make sure to take a look at the Rules before posting.

Thanks!! :-)

• 17 Replies
Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Sounds great. There should also be a leader board for most merits, don't you think? BTW, does the mod team need any more help? If so, let me know. I'd mostly be able to assist of review deletion/meriting and I'm extremely familiar with the back-end of the AG website.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

If you would like to become a moderator, you can always contact Dan through the Contact link saying why. He is the one that makes those final decisions.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Good job on the Merit Recognition idea. And setting down the rules. Maybe this way merits will be given out to all those who deserve them.

Ha, that would be smashing to be a moderator. I even think I even have references. But I might become an evil dictator, just warning you all.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Haha, good to know Devoidless! Thanks for the warning.

But yes, hopefully this will be able to get more merits out there to the users who deserve them. Or at least more than are currently going out

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Yeah, that is true. I think I have seen...a grand total of 5 or so merits on all the profile I have looked at? Tis a shame.

So I am going to go and search right now!

Oh, and by the way...searching for merit worthy comments counts as my good deed for the month.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

I just finished my latest review. JMTB02 is checking it out to see if he likes it. This gives me some free time to look for merit worthy stuff. I hope I find some.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I have seen some good comments, and rated them up, but I haven't really submitted them into merit recongnition...

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Yeah I really love the Merit Recongnition idea Carlie, it's just really awesome and has helped me get a fair share of my merits. Oh, and I'll make sure to post any good comments that I happen to run by while playing a game.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks guys! And firetail, in the future there will be a system that allows us to sort by up-votes, but for now it isn't in place yet. So in the future that will be more helpful, but for now when something is up-voted, it doesn't get sent directly to us.

Guns_N_Roses
Guns_N_Roses
93 posts
Nomad

This was a great idea Carlie. A lot more people have been getting merits now. Keep up the good work u kno

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Im just posting so this will be on the top and people will not have to look for it.... And great Idea Carlie...

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, it has been making it a lot easier to find certain comments! Which of course sends more merits towards the users.

Jamzzy88
Jamzzy88
113 posts
Nomad

What happened to the merit recognition account?
It was on my friends, but I can't get to the page, any help?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

A few people nominated themselves too, and they actually got the merit. Although I'm pretty sure that was a coincidence.

Things like that just don't work when spammers are around...

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

The link you posted gives me a 404 o.O

Showing 1-15 of 17