ForumsSupport ForumSpam

9 2237
Gold_Magic_Thing
Gold_Magic_Thing
7 posts
Nomad

If Someone or your friend sends a comment on your profile, You are not supposed to do that on yours you have to send a comment on theres. That would be a moderate spam and will cost you to lose armor pts.

• 9 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

You are correct Magic Thing =) but there are threads like these already posted. There are stickies on this subjects as well, why not look those up for an in-depth discussion about it?

Gold_Magic_Thing
Gold_Magic_Thing
7 posts
Nomad

Well someone sent me that! Then told you

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

I understand that its against the rules to comment on your on profile but is it against the rules to say "I have to go" or "good night" on your own profile?

Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

Yes thats also spam, there is a Dot next to your name that turns red when you log-off.
i think your friend will know that you had to go. Anyways you can always say goodnight on your friends profile.

Heres a random idea: you could write in your own About what your status is. Like this:

ABOUT:

Hi im blabla blabla

and at the end of it.

Or

Anyways you get the idea.

Sep

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I just leave bookmarks on my profile. It's needed. Sometimes I forget to delete them, but honestly, do you care enough about 2 AP here and there to be mad about that?

But if people reply to others' comments on their own profile, why is it spam? Sure, we are not allowed to post random things on our profile, but if they just have a conversation there, the same way we do on a forum thread?
I don't see why that is spam. It's annoying and I would never notice a reply I had gotten like that, but I don't see how it categorizes as spam.

Evo531
Evo531
55 posts
Nomad

that seems right to me

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I just leave bookmarks on my profile. It's needed. Sometimes I forget to delete them, but honestly, do you care enough about 2 AP here and there to be mad about that?

It is fine every now and then, but when some users do so at 5 minute intervals, it gets to the point of it being spam. I've seen that happen before, and the user ended up being banned for a week. I'm not against the use of changing your status, but I'm not encouraging it either, for the fact that users can get punished by it.
frogger
frogger
116 posts
Nomad

i love the delicious taste of spam in a can, along with orphans.yumm!!
also, i agree w/ Zophia

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

W00tsicals, people agree with me~
But don't post just saying you do so, say why you agree with me... Otherwise it's spam...

Anywho.

As Shintetsu said, when it is done that frequently, it is very much spam. I don't post my status, I just leave a comment to know which comments I've replied to, and which I haven't... Most often it will get pushed down so fast that a status message wouldn't matter anyway...

This reminds me... I have replying to do...

Showing 1-9 of 9