ForumsSupport ForumWhy?

12 2707
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

Why is it that the topic is "Support and Suggestions", but every time somebody has a good idea its shot down? It seems AG doesn't want any feedback. I know that a lot of topics have been suggested over and over again, but why do you think that is? Its probably because the people of AG agree on them.

• 12 Replies
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

u answered ur own question... y did u make this thread? this section is for suggestions that just normally are bad for AG...

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, many of the ideas that are shot down are either not necessary or have been tried and didn't work.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well, many of the ideas that are shot down are either not necessary or have been tried and didn't work.

That or they there is always the chance that they are going to be a bad idea,and that someone has found a flaw in them.Also some people don't know that a idea has already been suggested before and don't realize what might go wrong with these ideas in the first place.Either way unless Carlie and Dan like the idea(Carlie as far as I know filters all of the ideas and tells Dan some good ideas and he makes the decision,in which then Shpigford implements them)then they will not be implemented.Whether you like it or not, that is the system we have(As far as I know)and I doubt it is going to change anytime soon.Also what you see as a good idea now may not be as good as you think.You have to look at the the cons of an idea before you decide that something is a good idea.The rule of thumb on this site form what I can tell is that if an idea has any real cons to it then it will not be implemented.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

And the big problem with the good ideas that doesn't get shot down - the threads die, because people don't argue against the idea.
An example is the "Fuzzy time" option?. People didn't really see any flaws, other than that the coding would take time. Which it always will. The thread died, since there was no arguments about it...

In time, AG will get better and better. The common suggestions list is not there for nothing, the ideas are still remembered. Maybe some day some of them will be reality.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

I pity da' foo' who asks why!

Really though, you have to realize that there have/are sooo many 'good ideas' that pop up here, it is rare if a new idea is actually a repeat of one stated before. Also, there is only so much that can be done.

Things have already gotten loads better since I started visting here. Just because you can not see the change does not mean it doesn't happen. ^_^

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ideas that are good are not shot down but left for later. People don't really have anything good or bad to say after the conversation has been going on a long time.

As Voidy said

Just because you can not see the change does not mean it doesn't happen. ^_^

it's 100% true. You never know when we would have some good features.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

You! Dissident! BAN FOREVER! omgwtfbbq.

Hey, we're people too, thus have bad days once in a blue moon, Well, more or less people. Kinda sorta maybe a bit.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

lol

What is this?

Nobody is trying to answer the problem really. deth4 contradicted himself on his first post anyway, as MarkedTarget6 pointed out.

Just because you can not see the change does not mean it doesn't happen. ^_^

Who said that the implements are for the benefits of the users? For all we know, they could be upgrades to the system and how the website works. Or upgrades to help the Mods like Devoidless.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, the great admins of this site are constantly tweaking and upgrading this site to make sure us users enjoy it, even if we don't notice the changes.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

look i didnt contradict myself, it was one of those questions.. you know.. all the work i did, you know what i got? nothing... thats sorta what i meant. but guys i mean that everytime there is an idea, the mods shoot it down. then, another person makes a topic about the same thing. it happens all the time, because people want those things implemented. anyway, if we dont have enough developers, maybe we should... you know... get some more?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Ideas are not 'Shot Down'. There are plenty of amazing featues out there that we take for granted. You'd be surprised how many ideas have been taken on.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Well, I agree with Devoidless. There are so many good ideas that pop up at once and Armor Games has to pick between them all.

Showing 1-12 of 12