ForumsWEPRwhat do u think about price harry in afganastan

18 6591
Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

really i mean who really thinks about this but it was an important event... a life of a price and future king were at risk... respond

• 18 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Well, atleast he showed some cajones buy even going over there for the reason he did. Did Bush? Nooo. He did not even serve in the wars he could of when he was young and not president of anything.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

lol @ Hermann. He finished his post and wrote: "respond." Made me laugh a bit.

Okay, well I think it is pretty cool of him to do that. As you said he is close in line to the thrown, but did his civic duty just like everyone else had to. Those, to me, are characteristics of a good leader.

Like Devoid said, you don't see Bush over there. Granted he is probably on the top 10 list in other countries to be harmed.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Hrrm. It seems only we have an opinion about this, or no one else knows about it...For the people who have no idea please look it up on CNN.com or something and talk with us? Puh-lease?

van_hooligan
van_hooligan
16 posts
Nomad

i thought it was sad, the guy loved protecting my country, i mean no offense to phillip or anyone else but in my lifetime he's the first royal family member to defend for england's rights
and i found that every newspaper keeping it a secret quite a nice touch to this, cause in honesty i thought our newspapers were money grabbing paper writers, but it was nice for them to keep it hidden, till a foreigner newspaper did THE dumbest thing EVER!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I think its sad how it was leaked, so not he has to come back home. The media just sucks sometimes. I think it is awesome that he was out there, but I think he probably did it just to get out of England more than anything.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

There's a little bit about the situation that irks me. I was listening to NPR and they had some interviews in the field with the prince. He was talking about how much he enjoyed actually getting to be a "normal person."
I think there's something to that - getting out from underneath the day to day monotony that can be royal life, but I just wonder how much action he actually saw if he was really enjoying himself.
Most people in combat are there under orders, and while their military service is voluntary, I'm sure there are places they'd rather be. I just wonder how it makes the other troops there feel knowing that he's enjoying himself over there - almost like it's playtime or something. It kind of reminds me of Winston Churchill's autobiography...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm...I didn't know that. That certainly does make it less honorable. But as we've concluded human's are selfish beings. What can ya do?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

That's true. And I'm certainly not trying to take away from what he's doing - and maybe the soldiers there were really excited and motivated to have him there. I've never seen war, and never want to so I have no idea how the average soldier feels about this. It was just my first impression. It is nice to see in modern times - it's been awhile since leaders have been expected to be good fighters or have even come onto the battlefield.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

That is also very true. I would more likely respect a leader that was able to handle himself in diverse situations. He comes from good stock. I really like Princess Diana.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

i dont know mcuh about prince harry but thought it was an ill made move to go to iraq. why did he go anyways?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think it is all that odd that he is enjoying it. He gets to live life away from the media and royal pressures for a while. It isn't necessarily that he likes to be there, he just likes it more than being in England.

Tony
Tony
35 posts
Nomad

I'd feel sorry for him, but the guys a real "Piece of work". And for those of you misinformed Harry is not the future King, William is, the chances of Harry ever becoming king is slim to none, and thank god, cause he's a drunken womanizing a-hole.
The Afghanistan thing was probably for good PR.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Oh, yeah. I am sure it was. Because, you know, when I want publicity I want to pretend to go fight in a active war zone wear regardless of the fact if I am fighting or not I could get killed for being white, or the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sure.

Grantius
Grantius
45 posts
Nomad

More power to him.

PaintballKing17
PaintballKing17
253 posts
Nomad

I think if Prince Harry wanted to go to Afganistan, i think they should have left him there, cause if he died it would have been his fault

Showing 1-15 of 18