Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

three questions

Posted Nov 28, '08 at 9:47pm

Destor

Destor

725 posts

I have three questions that I desperately need answered. if you can give the answers to me, you get a cookie. Not really, but you can go buy one, and pretend I gave it to you

1.Some people type, well I don't know how to describe it so here is what it looks like, an A with a ^ above it, then two question marks encased in a black diamond. what is this?

2.What is trolling? I would like to know the rules against this, but no site ever explains it.

3. what timezone does AG use? Pacific? Central? I would like to know

Posted Nov 28, '08 at 10:45pm

theone99

theone99

3,242 posts

1.Some people type, well I don't know how to describe it so here is what it looks like, an A with a ^ above it, then two question marks encased in a black diamond. what is this?

It is a glitch that occurs randonmly.Noone know why.

2.What is trolling? I would like to know the rules against this, but no site ever explains it.

3. what timezone does AG use? Pacific? Central? I would like to know

I beleive it uses Central time zones.

I am not sure, though i think it is replying everytime someone does on a thread.

Posted Nov 29, '08 at 5:33am

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

The timezone that AG is on is EST (GMT - 5), although their office is in California which is another timezone.

Posted Nov 29, '08 at 7:02am

Zophia

Zophia

9,535 posts

It is a glitch that occurs randonmly.Noone know why.
Actually, I do know why.
AG only allows a certain standard set of characters in the typing, and when there is a letter/symbol posted that it doesn't recognize, it comes out like ñ.
If you write in normal English and doesn't copy/past text from Microsoft Word or OpenOffice or the like here, you should avoid them. The problem with copy/pasting from those programs is that they alter " symbols... Well yeah, does that explain it? Otherwise ask more. :)

fficial&hs=3z3&defl=en&q=define:Trolling&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title">Trolling definitions.
Just be nice to people and stay on topic, then you are not trolling~

And th etimezone thing has already been answered. Though that is easy to find out, by getting a map over the timezones and compare you local time to AG's.

I hope this helped. :)

Posted Nov 29, '08 at 9:44am

dinoman979

dinoman979

297 posts

Those are some good questions,i know trolling but the other 2 i dont know

Posted Nov 29, '08 at 12:48pm

Destor

Destor

725 posts

Thank you all very much, but I just remembered another question. when someone replies to someone, and they use a quote from what they wrote, the quote is in italics and I know how to do that, but how do you get the black line next to it?
|It looks like this, but the line is thicker.
|
|

Thank you again!

Posted Nov 29, '08 at 12:51pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

when someone replies to someone, and they use a quote from what they wrote, the quote is in italics and I know how to do that, but how do you get the black line next to it?

...use the "Quote" button on the far right above the text box? That should work out fine.

Posted Nov 29, '08 at 1:30pm

lily92606

lily92606

228 posts

how do i start a one of these things i cant find anything

Posted Nov 29, '08 at 1:50pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

how do i start a one of these things i cant find anything

What quote? just click on the "quote" bottom at the top of the forum reply box, then copy & paste what you want to quote, then click the "quote" button again.

Posted Nov 29, '08 at 5:14pm

Destor

Destor

725 posts

... Alright, this should be in quote fromat.

Hopefully that will look proper. anyway, thanks all of you for your help, now I feel like some sort of expert. Not really, but it does feel good to have those answered. Once again, thanks.

Reply to three questions

You must be logged in to post a reply!