ForumsGamesWho has ideas that would like to be heard?

22 4585
kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

So, I am making a flash game, but my ideas keep changing.

I'm making a Tower Defense, and this is the first game I've made. I have most if the code done but i don't have a solid idea.

My question for you is preferably in a tower defense game, what new ideas would you like to see?

Post your responses here, and if you come up with a really cool and new idea, i will try and incorporate it into my game

• 22 Replies
kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

Any one? When else do you get a chanse for your games to be heard?

Jasonhuang
Jasonhuang
20 posts
Nomad

how about one using modern weapons like tanks and airplanes or something like that

brrrrr
brrrrr
107 posts
Nomad

this may be copying age of war but try time ages.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

You could try defending something, that's always a good plan for a TD game.
What to defend could be your call.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

How about upgrades, perhaps a shop for upgrades for something you can do yourself (like airstrikes or bombing runs). Perhaps a two player mode where 1 player defends and the other attacks (keys to summon a creature or build a tank to attack or to defend etc)

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

i have a idea ok make a tower defence game that uses tanks and airplanes and ass towers you can use stuff like houses or something

georgeman
georgeman
48 posts
Nomad

like at the end of a set number of waves u get a upgrade point or something to improve a stat of a tower type

crazjayz
crazjayz
243 posts
Nomad

It's very difficult to improve on current tower defense games. I would say make it story based, in the present time. Possibly humans against aliens or something. Of course, have different types of towers and upgrades for each tower type. Finally, in the story mode, if you could, make some levels where you have a teammate building with you. There are 2 ways for that:
1) there is one path, and both the player and comp teammate build. Downside: if the player doesn't agree with the comp's decisions.
2) two paths, one for player and one for comp, but both share resources.

If you plan on doing a teammate level, I would suggest having upgrades/powerups that help you and your trammate. Or perhaps have a bonus system for both of you having upgrade towers.

I'll think of more later, and type them when I'm on my laptop and not my G1.

kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

Right, all good ideas

But....what about a whole new idea all together, thinking outside the box, making it new an interesting? Maybe combining a TD with another type of game?

What would u like to see

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

You could combine tower defense with an RPG...it'd be hard but you could have levels of TD and of fighting, maybe it's in modern times, against uh aliens you move from major town to major town fighting with a character to move but then have the defense of the towns a TD. That'd be cool.

crazjayz
crazjayz
243 posts
Nomad

I agree with samy about the addition of rpg elements. How is the real question.

kcaz
kcaz
59 posts
Nomad

yeah, have u guys played eternal red yet, its just like that, and it's a REALLY good game

Demonator133
Demonator133
76 posts
Nomad

I dont know something challenging

stonester
stonester
120 posts
Nomad

i agree with samy and crazjays

KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

i would like to improve straw hat ninja, because it has great potential it just needs some improving.

Showing 1-15 of 22