764 posts
Nomad

there should be a feature, that shows the last log in of any user

• 12 Replies
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

They had this. It lasted a week. When I asked why it was gone, I got some vague answer.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

That used to be here but It clearly disappeared out of nowhere.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I would like it, but I like Zophia's "Fuzzy Time" better.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

It was here, but it was making AG lag hardcore, pages took 2 minutes to load.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

oh. fuzzy time could be used, last log in 2 hours ago or something like that... it lagged bad? that sux...

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Yes that bad, simple feature did it.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

bad? that could've been great! why?

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

maybe it was just a scripting problem, we could use more than just shpigford for programming

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

As I have heard it, the problem with the lag caused by the Last Active feature, was that it constantly had to calculate the information retrieved from every single account, including all the ghost accounts... Somehow that ate too much of the server capacity.

That's the reason as I understand it. Maybe they'll work around it eventually.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

dan mcneely should get in contact with tom from myspace, hes got myspace scripted *almost* perfectly. shpigford could use some pointers from the myspace crew, dontcha think?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

It lasted for more than a week. Estel said they took it off because it was making Armorgames slower than usual.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

On the topic of scripting manpower, this may be considered in future but ultimately is up to the rest of the administration.

But otherwise the reason this feature was removed has been explained- hopefully there may be a time where it will work again, maybe.

Showing 1-12 of 12