ForumsSupport ForumTopics and Posts

21 3455
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Well I'm not sure if such a thing has been posted and if this is the right spot for it, but it seems to be the best place here and I couldnt find any similar posts.

I'm quite new to the community here but I'm already annoyed by the 100 similar posts. For an example the Xbox360 - PS3 war topics. There are already about 100 of them and people are still creating them. Not only that, but you commonly see people replying: I'd say the 360, i got one myself too. The problem is barely anyone puts up arguments to strengthen the opinion. For an example A:

UserA: I want to buy a new console but I don't know which one i should buy.
UserB: I'd say the xbox 360, i got one myself too.

Now everybody who DOES put in arguments always is positive about his own choice. Example B:

UserB: The xbox has good games and xbox live is far better than the PS3's

Now I prefer posts who haven't decided a party or anything, Like example C:
UserB: The xbox is cheaper and has some good games, but is quite fragile compared to sony's console. If you accidentally hit the 360 it can make scratches on your CD (if the console is turned on)
UserC: You should also watch the games, because Sony has got a game like resistance, but Microsoft has got Gears of War.

Well I think this was it for me, I hope there will be less spam because of this post or atleast help somebody.

• 21 Replies
TheBlade
TheBlade
1 posts
Nomad

well I do prefer on conversations that you compare the good and bad sides and also other stuff why to buy and which console..

as in the end you mention that which games and stuff, my friend bought gamecube instead of PS2 because of the fact that PS2 doesn't have zelda on it

of course this kind of convesations are anoying when there is hundreds of them but it cannot be helped too much since there simply is too many new users that do not know how to search or read older topics about the same stuff and then they make the new posts.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

This needs to go on the newcomers section. But thank for doing this. You can ask a mod to move it.

I doubt anyone would listen to you. Only a few people listen to the mods/admins themselves!

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Well if this is in the wrong place, Please move this to the right one, and @ juan, if i won't try I wont succeed right?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well if this is in the wrong place, Please move this to the right one, and @ juan, if i won't try I wont succeed right?

I like your attitude. But believe me the impact this ill do is small. Ask a mod to move it for you. They can do so.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

This is really great man, and well thought out. Only problem is people that just write something down super-quick, don't care about good posts, only points. I hope this will help some, but people will only want to post less and get points more.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ah, the stuff all us sensible people always think.
Unfortunately a lot of people don't care about this... But they should!

The majority of users are just plain simply too lazy, but I'm glad to see you aren't. Keep that attitude.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Well thanks all, and since you guys have read it already I think more will follow. Perhaps it's an idea to place this post at some of the spam locations and stick them? Perhaps that way more people will read it.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, here's what I think. It can be possible to sticky one of the "Most-Used-Topics" thread, and (hopefully) will drop many of the duplicated threads by a lot. If memory serves, I think we already have a sticky thread like this. SO in that case, a moderator can post some sort of notice stating to not post another topic like the listed kinds, lest the thread get deleted.

ronny2500
ronny2500
63 posts
Nomad

I think your right telling people just get this or that does not really help you or anybody. I kind of hate that. Why get the PS3 or Xbox360. And so on. And why would people do spam in the first place!!

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

As far as I know there are posts of links to topics with high post count, but not with things like hwo to add a thing because i don't like short messages like I'm getting the wii too.
The community would be better of with arguments than opinions.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

i agree with healmeal he has a good point

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

I simply have the feeling people aren't reading this, I didn't do this to get a merit and stuff I'm trying to help around but seems that barely anyone even takes time to read it.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I like your point HealMeal not sometimes I do it without realising it but I try to keep my posts as long as I can thanks for pointing out this point =P

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Healmeal, I like your thoughts on this, and I totally agree with it. Spammers spam here, because of a phrase called AP. They want as much AP as can be made possible in a day, just so they can get all the unlocks and ranks. People nowadays think it's just a short response that's considered spamming, but that's only half true. Stupidity and off topic responses are also considered spam, just that most users don't flag them; only those that are just spam in general.

Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

I always flag posts or comments who are off topic, offensive and have barely anything in it. I think in a comment you shouldn't only place I like it but also why you (don't) like it.

Showing 1-15 of 21