ForumsSupport Forumlock topics yourself...

9 1491
Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

would it be possible to allow people to lock any topics that they're done with (they have to create the topic to lock it)? I'm sure it would help the mods in finding topics that aren't needed anymore, and in case spammers try to invade a topic... it would be very effective and I have a few ways this could happen:

1) a lock button in which you have the user use the CAPTCHA tool (used on myspace and the such) when locking one of their own subjects, this way the desktop sharing tools or anything of the sort won't really work.

2)let a mod know... though this won't be very effective as a mods comment box would be overfilled faster than you can blink.

3) a simple lock button... this would be very dangerous

• 9 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

No. Nice of you to make a suggestion that hasn't been made amillon times though, I give you props for that.

This would be a very helpfull thing, bbut people would make a topic named "hi" then lock it and do it over and over, and clutter the froms. So it couldn't work. Sorry.

KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

i agree i like number (1) u are genius, (2) and number (3) are too dangerous (3) and time consuming (2).

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Interesting idea. It would be nice to have the user to be able to lock up topics if it was an announcement. I before wanted to lock some of my topics since they were just for needed to be their for a limited amount of time.

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

this has been suggested before

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

sorry for being an as lol

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

this has been suggested before

HAS. But not as much and they never really get much thought put into them =( So really its more of throwing the half-eaten ham back onto the plate.

I think it would be a good idea, but skater said, the spam would be a problem. However there probably won't be any more than there is now, people do that without locking it already, and it's fairly easy to spot a book club of locked topics with 0-5 replies in them. So I think the mods would be able to delete them fairly easy, the only difference is that there isn't people talking in them.
imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

i like ham

anyway yeh its an decent idea but leave it to the mods

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

of course! this is just a suggestion...but, what if limits were placed on the topic you can create? say 2-3? this way spammers wouldn't have the opportunity to screw up the forums... and the fact that people only make one or two announcements a day. This would be a great idea in my opinion if more planning and regulations were put in place, but this isn't the time. hopefully mods and admins can come up with an effective plan but until then...I'll stop rambling now... *whistles*

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Skater is right, this topic has been brought up a number of times before. It was rejected then, and it is rejected now. If you want one of your topics to be locked, simply notify one of the mods.

*locked*

Showing 1-9 of 9