ForumsProgramming ForumRight Clicking in AS3 (CS4)

5 2885
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

I am trying to create a menu that seems like a familiar desktop, but is there any way to allow players to right click areas of the desktop?

Perhaps there is some other way around this, such as having the user &quotretend to right click" and instead press CTRL+CLICK or something.

Any good ideas on how to do this? What controls would be comfortable for regular users? What about on MAC machines?

• 5 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Well on Macs Ctrl+click IS already a right click...
I have no idea if it's possible to make such a script, but otherwise just settle with having a keyboard shortcut instead of a real right click?

BehemothBoy
BehemothBoy
33 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Zophia is right, Ctrl+Click is already a right click on Mac OS X. Could you just do with changing the sub menu when you right click in the flash player, adding the things you wanted into it and removing what you don't want?

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Okay. What keyboard shortcuts do you think might be easy for the player?

Could you just do with changing the sub menu when you right click in the flash player, adding the things you wanted into it and removing what you don't want?

Is that possible? I thought those items were already set? Could someone point me to a tutorial in the right direction?
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LN5oW03Eo

however...this is for AS2...

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LN5oW03Eo

Showing 1-5 of 5