ForumsSupport ForumI know you've heard this one before, but...

14 2067
MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

I'm really having trouble leaving ratings for games. I played the cool Hedgehog launch, and left a nice comment, but several tries to leave a rating were all bounced.

I have read that the game needs to be loaded, and we should play it a bit, but I had finished the game, which seems like it should be sufficient. I went back and tried a few more times, playing 2-3 launches, then trying during the first launch, just in case, no luck.

Would it be better to rate before commenting?

Just checking.

Thanks much...

• 14 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

You mean you were sent back to homepage when you rated the game, and your comment shown on white screen after you commented?

Just settle out a while and re-try in time.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Did you wait 30 seconds in between each post?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I know what you mean. This happens to me usually three or four times, but then it works.

I would take this up with Carlie or someone like that...

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Flippin, rating has nothing to do with posting.

anyways, mudpuddle, this often occurs when the game is not fully loaded. In any case, just return to the game, and rate it again.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Flippin, rating has nothing to do with posting.

Ohh I'm sorry, My head's not right, it's been a long day...
MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

I always wait until the game is fully loaded, because I saw that advice very early on. I even waited until the game was complete, which is well past 'loaded', and got booted. I guess I will try again.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Click the rating you want and drag it out. Keep doing that until you get it. But you can always restart your browser.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

it does the same to me to i am flipin pist when it does that

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

If you use Firefox, it lessens the chance of this happening.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

i use firefox and it dosent really help much

crazjayz
crazjayz
243 posts
Nomad

I use Google Chrome and it happens to me every once in a while. Usually I just repeatedly click on the rating I want to give and by the 3rd time it takes it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I'm using FireFox and I have never been sent back to the homepage when trying to rate a game. It doesn't always let me rate it at the first attempt, but if I click and hold the click it usually works.
I don't know why they have this problem...
But I do know that it has been brought up before, so this thread is kind of pointless. :/ Go dig out one of the old ones about this topic?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

As far as I know it's the way the server refreshes. In general, you may have to wait several seconds before the rating will appear, but if it fails completely, then do a hard refresh.

This appears to be a duplicate thread so I'll lock this one.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

This appears to be a duplicate thread so I'll lock this one.

hey you forgot to lock it

anyways while i'm here it only happened to me once idk why. but only once there might have been a temporary glitch on AG
Showing 1-14 of 14