ForumsSupport ForumMirror, mirror, on the wall...

10 2289
MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

Is there anyway to track my own posts, so I can go back and look for replies? Yes, you youngsters will say 'just remember what you said, gramps', but when you get to be my age, you'll forget you said that!

Anyway, is there?

• 10 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Nope. You'll just need some way of remembering. It's been suggested that there be a way to keep track of threads you posted on, but nothing has come of it yet.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Nah, and this has been suggested before. Just stick a link to the thread in you're about for easy access

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to do this. The best way to do it currently is to just try and remember which threads you have been participating in, and the general page area. Sometimes you will have to click through a few pages to find it. One day I think it would be nice to be able to go to a thread, and click something to take you to the last post you wrote on the thread. But I am not entirely sure if that is possible. Would be cool though =)

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

It's quite possible, I have seen it done before Carlie! Just some work. What is also nice is seeing the last post that you read, as in was there last time you checked! Especially nice for huge threads like art comp.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

It's quite possible, I have seen it done before Carlie! Just some work.

Awesome. I would like to see this done one day, but the problem for now is it requiring work. We don't have a lot of ability to do site updates right now. I will put this down on the list of suggestions that I have going.
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

[quoteUnfortunately, there is not currently a way to do this.[/quote]

no no no, you guys could do the same thing that Kongregate has in their forums, you see, each time a user in Kongregate posts a forum they can click the number of posts below their username and in there they'll find all of the forums that they've posted AND they can edit their post, which means they can change what they wrote on their post if they made a mistake, it's pretty cool huh? I think AG should be like that, it would be great for everyone including MudPuddle XD

you guys don't have to do that, it's just my suggestion XD

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

oh great, I forgot to click quote again O.o

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

no no no,

There is not currently a way to do this on Armor Games. I know that it can be done, we just can't do it right now on this site.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

why is that?

There just isn't enough time going into site updates and development. Our developer does not work for Armor Games full time.
MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

The most common method in my experience is to simply link on a person (in this case, myself) and be given the option to see all of the places they have posted, in reverse chronological order.

I'm guessing that's the easiest way to do such a thing, because I see it the most.

For whenever someone gets a chance to consider it...

Signed, Not Radigast Flynn

Showing 1-10 of 10