ForumsSupport Forumpeoples profiles deleted after 2 months.

16 2842
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Ok so here is my idea you now how ag has a lot of profiles and half aren't even used cause people just leave them and never come back to them i met a couple of people in the top 100 that have left and they just leave there profile i think that this might help cause there will be more space in the top 100 also you will see with how much people are really using ag cause not much people use it.
here is a example:
he left and i promise you he is not coming back.
also this will add peoples chances to having there name actually available. So i think this will help AG
i don't know if this has been put as a topic but i think that this trully will help.

• 16 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Well just because they haven't been on in a while why should their profile be deleted. They might decide to come back? Or maybe they went to work on a job for a couple of months. Besides why would you want it so easy to get in the top 100, it's better if it's harder to get in it. If we did that, where would the fun be?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah what if they do? Ask Carlie about this and she'll answer you and change your mind.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Yeah what if they do? Ask Carlie about this and she'll answer you and change your mind

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but why don't you just tell him. That's the whole point of threads.
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

ok how about this what if the person that is quiting comes to a mod or a admin and asks to delet there profile and are a 100% that hey are leaving and not coming back why not then delet there profile and ask everybody to do this so that it would be better on AG cause it is really getting crowded

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

They do that anyways; they are supposed to. Besides, those that are competing are the active users; most of the users that ARE inactive are from the Referring Age; those aren't necessary to be messed with. Around 65,000 users are ghost accounts, so take the total number minus these accounts. Those are the true number of active users on AG. This is what competition is all about -- trying your hardest to be on top of the game, what fun would it be to take down those that are higher than you so you can get higher?

Jack8black8
Jack8black8
115 posts
Nomad

what if the persons computer broke down and they need to get it fixed or if you got banned for a long time.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

ok how about this what if the person that is quiting comes to a mod or a admin and asks to delet there profile and are a 100% that hey are leaving and not coming back why not then delet there profile and ask everybody to do this so that it would be better on AG cause it is really getting crowded

But how can you be 100% sure they will NEVER come back? You will NEVER be 100% sure unless you know them in real life or talked to them face to face.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well what happens, if a member of AG came back after 2 or 3 months, then saw their account deleted, if so, they sure would say, What the Luck?
And also, like what juan said, no proof they will never come back, it sure would want to reply to friends and all.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

You will NEVER be 100% sure unless you know them in real life or talked to them face to face.

Even then, they might betray you and run home to get on their computer saying 'Mwwwuahahahaha! He has no idea I'm going back to Armourgames!' and then what? Unless you have mind control powers......
AG cause it is really getting crowded

It is? >_> Normally inactive people don't speak, see no inactives, hear no inactives, speak to no inactives
Okay maybe you might see them but oh well.

Also I disappear on AG a lot, for 4-5 weeks at a time! If I came back and saw all my stuff gone I would go 'Nooooooooooooooooooo!' and then I'd have to make an account named 'FluffBottom'.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Lol @ RaptorExx.
Sheez, it's not that difficult to get into the top 100. And what would you want to do that for anyway, there is no use of all these ArmorPoints other than showing off here.
I asked myself the other day why I bother being so active and trying to write merit worthy reviews... Because if I did for the AP, I might as well stop. And merits, because it takes good English skills and the ability to write coherent - it's a good practice. Forum activity because debate/discussion/support skills are a nice asset as well. Profile comments are mostly just social stuff...

Alright, half off topic rant over.

This has actually been suggested before. And two month is way to short a timespan... A year would maybe be okay, but there might still be a very few who would want to come back after a year of doing something else. So just - no.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

So if my computer broke, and we didnt have enough money to buy a new one (which is true) I would get my name deleted and have to start a whole new account and work my way to king again? I don't think so, this idea is awfull! It would delete people like nick_coolhaha, our merit king, and asherlee one of our mods, and calm, another mod.....it would be a big mess. My awnser is no.

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

or maybe they should lose ag points for every 2 months?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

or maybe they should lose ag points for every 2 months?

What good will that do? It will make them mad if they come back.
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

maybe after a year or two of inactivity

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

A better idea is to lock peoples comments after 2 months of inactivity.

Showing 1-15 of 16