ForumsSupport ForumMonthly newsletter

20 2984
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

I think that armorgames should send people(adjustable on profile setting) Monthly newsletters e-mails to inform users of updates, all the new games, and other things that might have happened.

• 20 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

updates

These are all the news.

all the new games

These are all in the homepage

and other things that might have happened.

Like what? Anyways all those are not necessary at all. Just look at the homepage. This would just be a waste of time and could be substituted by 3-5 clicks.
Nomad

Also check the ArmorBlog For other recent updates and such.

Newsletters are simply unneeded.

rebelsoccerplayer
rebelsoccerplayer
14 posts
Nomad

Do the email newsletters come out on the first day of the month

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think Juan and _________________________ basically shut this idea down.

Sorry but i agree with what they side.

Magical No Posting Line That No One Ever Listens To >.>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Do the email newsletters come out on the first day of the month

Huh? How are we supposed to know? There is no newsletter, not yet at least. Or was that a 'start a new thought about this idea' type of post?

Anyway I don't think it's really necessary, I mean maybe if someone were to actually take the time and put together various things like who's in the Top 10, who's big in the forums right now(like any new artists or game programmers), Mod Announcements(that could be useful!), and all that mumbo jumbo, as that's what I'm guessing you meant by 'other things that might have happened', just community and interesting stuff.
That's all up to the Admins and such, and anyone willing to do it XD

A Maybe? It'd be helpful, sort of.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Nobody checks the News, Homepage, Blog, and Forums, every single day to check for updates. Sometimes you don't check at all and you don't get the recent updates. This is an excellent idea.

Nomad

@ Plokkey

My point is that, yes they may not, but they should check the news, homepage, and blog for that info instead of asking the developers to implement a whole new system.

How lazy can someone be if they can't click on three 2 links, and look straight forward when they first enter the site?

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Not everybody sits on Armorgames.com everyday.

Nomad

@ Plokkey

Ahh I see the flaw in my opinion. I wasn't even thinking about the fact that people log on and off.

lol.

Well i see how this could benefit.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Not everybody sits on Armorgames.com everyday.

Yes, but this would be a monthly newsletter, I am guessing, and everyone who would want to get the newsletter definitely logs onto AG at least once a month.
This would be nice, but overall I don't think it's urgently needed.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Well I think that monthly wouldn't be as good as weekly.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well I think that monthly wouldn't be as good as weekly.

Depends on what's in the Newsletter, weekly would be hard to keep up with if there's a lot of community/user stuff put in there, unless you have a small team working on it, then by all means weekly is great >_>
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Depends on what's in the Newsletter, weekly would be hard to keep up with if there's a lot of community/user stuff put in there, unless you have a small team working on it, then by all means weekly is great >_>

The updates could include the competitions.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Not a lot of people see the news but not a lot see their e-mail unless they have something important. People here (mostly) are here for AP not abut the site. They don't give a peanut about it. So if we have this, it won't make ANY change.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Not a lot of people see the news but not a lot see their e-mail unless they have something important. People here (mostly) are here for AP not abut the site. They don't give a peanut about it. So if we have this, it won't make ANY change.

Did you not see how many people were raving about voting for AG?
Showing 1-15 of 20