ForumsSupport ForumMusic

20 3384
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

Maybe a music player on your page would be cool, dont you think? a profile song if you will

• 20 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, we can look at this in multiple ways. If, as soon as you go to the users' profile, the music automatically loads, it can be a bad thing; however, if it doesn't load until you actually click on the starter button, it's not so bad. This idea isn't necessarily beneficial to the site, but it would be somewhat nice to have. But then again, users might post horrible songs that are inappropriate to AG. The only way for mods to delete this themselves is to ask the users to delete it, or else they will ban them; this is also why we cannot have our own armatars as well.

Nomad

I'm not sure I like the idea.

Besides the fact that I've seen this idea somewhere in the rubbish of the old thrown out topics of the past. I don't like the idea because it's kind of cliche. Also, it would clutter the user profile pages. I enjoy the simplicity of the pages as is.

Naruto
Naruto
658 posts
Nomad

i think that is a good idea

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, you're right about the cliche part, but I don't know about it crowding the users' profiles. Look at the music inputs in Myspace or something, it's not that big at all. It's better than a giant Wall-o'-Text that takes 20 seconds to reach the comments page, that's for sure.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

i mean theres a blank empty spot right under the aim xbos ps3 names and such, it could go there. right under steamID

Nomad

Idk. It just seems like it would clutter it. Lol ignore me.

But I still don't like it...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It's not a bad idea at all, but the only thing that we have to worry about is if users would post inappropriate music. I would be furious if I was a user who didn't know what the song Cold_Pizza was, then when I clicked on it, I would hear horrible swearing with speed core techno in the background. Gives another reason for moderators to patrol through users' profiles, eh?

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I think it would be kind of cool, but a lot like myspace, and this is a gaming site, not a social and chatting site. Also, it could cause site lag.
Cool idea, but not beneficial to the site.

Nomad

Yeah I think it would be a major headache for the mods to have to deal with.

If you wanna listen to music, pull up itunes, or project playlist.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Imagine going profile to profile and hearing country music, rock, jazz, etc.

That is not the best thing to handle.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Hasn't this idea been suggested before like 100 times? It has been also shut down.

Just go to My Project Playlist and open up a player and listen to it and your done.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

i didnt see it anywhere, juan. anyway, i do use playlist.com, but i think it would be cool to have. i mean, we could test it for a while, and if the users dont like it well take it down. gotta give anything a try, right? i guess it would be a featuer that makes ou have to press play for it to start, not for something to start right away.

Nomad

Lol I brought up how many times this was suggested in my first post, but it was ignore..

Look through the topics. I know it may be hard to find, but still.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You didn't find it anywhere because no one suggested it anymore because it has been locked a lot of times.

OK this is a game site not Armorgamesmusic. Why test it anyways? Just use a pop up player and your done.

Deadreaperz
Deadreaperz
7 posts
Nomad

Lol don't do that supid... just go on youtube and listen you're music

Showing 1-15 of 20