ForumsSupport ForumI tried

6 2186
FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

I went through the first 7 pages and got tired of looking to see if this was already suggested which furthers my point on this.

I think it would be amazing to have a search box in the forums. I do not know if this has been worked on or suggested before. But spam is a big thing being watched on Armor Games and a search box would lower that considerably. No one is going to look through hundreds of pages to see if a certain topic has been talked about before.

Sorry if this has been suggested before just in case

• 6 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I heard we used to have this feature but it had bugs so they took it away. The bug is that it wouldn't search correctly, thus ultimately useless. Maybe AG can fix it in the future.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

This has been asked so many times. Yes, we all want it very much, and we had a forum search for a while they told me, but it found too many threads and wasn't very useful. I hope their working on it.

yes this has been suggested many times before. It's one of those constant repeated ones. Not your fault you couldn't find them. Maybe this will answer the problem(Thanks Zophia, you really helped me when you told me about this idea)

How to Search forums

1. Go to the Google Homepage(A light bulb appears over your head)

2. Type in Armorgames and then whatever you want to search for. It should look like this:

Armorgames Whatever your looking for

Not finished yet..

Safety tips

ALWAYS look at the web address. I noticed that some of them aren't from Armorgames. Don't trust these sites, you have no idea what they could be.(if you have Firefox, you're lucky that it warns you when you click on them)

Now I finished. I hope this answers your question to the best expectations. Now you know and can spread the missing knowledge to the newbies or those who don't know.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes everyone would like that but here's what i do and believe me it works fine!

Use Google and type a keyword to a certain thread! Look I'm going to find one right now!

OMGee i found one and what happened? It got locked because it has been suggested hundreds of times.

Search Option

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

You know, the last of these threads that got locked was only back on the second page. So if you looked through the pages, you certainly didn't do it thoroughly. :/

I intend to quote me every time I see one of these topics.

1) This has been suggested multiple times before[...]
2) ArmorGames had such a search function, but the problem with it was, that it found ALL threads that had the words you searched for in them, not just the ones relevant to your search.
3) The solution for now, is to use Google.
You do this by typing in 'armorgames' and the words you wish to search for. You might need to sift through a few pages of google results to check thoroughly, but it is still easier than searching these forums manually.

Besides that, I think all have been said again and again. Sorry for repeating people.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ha! Hey Zoph you mind me using that whenever a thread like this one gets duplicated? It basically clears out all questions.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

We used to have this feature, but it was causing problems in other areas of the site. So it had to be removed. Hopefully we will be able to get it running again in the future. Just know that we have not forgotten about it!

Showing 1-6 of 6