ForumsProgramming ForumCan Some1 help me

10 3598
TheLastGamer
TheLastGamer
204 posts
Nomad

I need help how can i make a game (not upload)
but make ur own game.

• 10 Replies
24 posts
Nomad

gee I don't know. I advice you ask carlie. here's the link: http://armorgames.com/user/Carlie

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Well, first of all you'd need a program to make it in, and learn the coding that makes it work...
I suggest you look around in this forum section or try google for some tutorials.

Unless you mean a boardgame or something. Then you just need a good idea and the ability to execute it with text and illustrations.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

If you mean a Flash game, you will probably need Flash, I'm not into the other freeware programs for making Flash games

Flash has an easy to use interface on animation, so you might wanna try that first, since it comes with its own lessons

After that, you want to make a game and not just an animation, you'll need programming, which on Flash is Action Script

We're in the middle of the transition, from Action Script 2.0 to 3.0, so in theory it would be better to learn 3.0, but it wouldn't do you any good if you find it too hard and quited it, so there isn't much trouble if you prefer to start with 2.0

There's really no easy way into game programming, you just need to look for the codes for moving, coliding, etc. The Flash Help file is useful, but we actually lack a newbie tutorial

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

Well you can make a game on flash but I don't konw how to do it.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

if you got flash program you can make one but might take you a few month to know how to make a game in it

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

As mentioned before, it all depends on which program you want to use.

I suppose it's the same for each program though... toy around a bit with it, learn how to use it. Also, after/during that, you can google some tutorials... for most applications there will be some sort of 'easy game' tutorial, so you can get started.

It all comes down to increasing your knowledge of the program and the programming language used with it.

1frost1
1frost1
50 posts
Nomad

well, it only took me a week to know how to make games in flash (flash is t best way to create games for me), I DO know how to make games but it is really hard to make a GOOD game, If you make a bad one everyone will go like, "boo you suck",or, "Why da hell do you make games?". I am practicing my skills and hopefully I will be able to make good games ui the future,
One thing you really would need to pratice is your flash rawing skills, start drawing something simple like a tree, then do a whole scenery, I remember seeing a flash video called the big fat tutorial, But I dont remember where it was.

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

If you make a bad one everyone will go like, "boo you suck",or, "Why da hell do you make games?". I am practicing my skills and hopefully I will be able to make good games ui the future,

Everyone's start is ugly. Even experienced programmers such as John had a few early games that he probably now would consider to embarrassing to reveal to the public.

You learn from what you do, weather it's good or bad, and each time you make a program, it gets better, so even if people complain, keep improving, and learn from their criticism.

One thing you really would need to practice is your flash drawing skills

And one helpful reminder that I have found looks nice is Gradients. Even something as small and simple as changing the background from white to a white/gray gradient makes a huge difference in how professional the game looks. Just don't over do it!
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

I never tought there would be much criticism over the games, even if they are bad

Kaany
Kaany
38 posts
Nomad

You can make one in Flash but you must learn how to use it first

Showing 1-10 of 10