Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Profile Comments

Posted Mar 5, '08 at 10:53pm

Moegreche

Moegreche

2,760 posts

I've been seeing more and more people use their profiles like and instant messenger with asinine conversations that rack up tons and tons of points for them.  I just really don't think asking someone how their day is going is worth 2 points...

Posted Mar 5, '08 at 11:01pm

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

I so agree with this. Even though I've rank up a lot through talking, I've always had that thought in the back of my mind. I seriously think that posting on people's profiles should be awarded with no points or at least make it 1 point because it makes it a lot more fair.

Posted Mar 6, '08 at 10:06am

royandgrand

royandgrand

254 posts

i agree with u guys i hate to say it becuse i do get some points from it but i think it should at least be 1 point not 2.

Posted Mar 6, '08 at 11:19am

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Very much agreed on this. In fact I've just emailed Dan about it. I really wish our moderating tools were upgraded already so I could mass delete comments.

Posted Mar 6, '08 at 11:22am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

...you get points for doing that? What the hell? I never knew that, and I think I knew a decent amount. That would explain why some of these kids have so many points.

Posted Mar 6, '08 at 11:28am

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Yep, I won't mention specific users, but they will go back and forth on their profiles. They've racked up hundreds of APs a day. Then us weirdos in our one corner of the forum don't care about ranking on the board but suffer the spam.

Posted Mar 6, '08 at 11:34am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Yeah, exactly. I am here more for the people than the points.
I have seen it several times, and just could not figure it out. Now I know!

Posted Mar 6, '08 at 11:43am

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE

2,196 posts

Wiat what??????

I never knew you get points by commenting in profiles..... And I don't ask about there day because its not like I "really" know them so... I just talk about points but I mean theres MSN and stuff for chatting... ( Im such a NOOB )

Posted Mar 6, '08 at 11:48am

mrtim

mrtim

2,051 posts

i agree.... 0 points or 1 point will be enough for profile comments....if someone were to do that, i would delete it... oh by the way...if i deleted a messege on my profile that someone has posted...will they get less points...if not then you should do that aswell.....and also can you delete comments that come though the games we submitted.... I could try that if I was good at making games......

Posted Mar 6, '08 at 11:51am

mrtim

mrtim

2,051 posts

oh sorry for double post but forget my question about people losing points when the person who they posted a comment in their profile, gets less points....they do...

Reply to Profile Comments

You must be logged in to post a reply!