ForumsProgramming Forumhow to upload sites?

10 3629
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

uhhmmm i'm being forced to make a site by my teacher but she didn't tell me(okay forgot) how to upload it

• 10 Replies
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

how do I upload a website to the internet and do I have to pay?

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

It all depends... did she give you a domain? Is there a specific domain you're supposed to upload it to?
I'm assuming this is for educational purposes... usually schools have a specific domain for each student. Depending on the settings, it shouldn't be too hard... but you'd have to give some more information!

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

yeah i think she gave me a site to upload it(maybe) but idk maybe, anyone can supply me those sites... please?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

More information. What do you mean by "upload a site". Do you have a set of files or something?

Please...explain

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

More information. What do you mean by "upload a site". Do you have a set of files or something?

*sigh* PUT......A......WEBSITE.......TO..........THE.................INTERNET.......!!!!!!!
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Go to geocities or some other free hosting site, put in the html, and done.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

A website is a collection of files on the internet.

So how do yo put a website on the internet? DO NOTHING =D

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

You'll need an FTP Client and a server / host to upload it to

You usually upload a index.html which the DNS (which converts an IP like 150.000.000.001 into http://www.website.com/) usually recognizes automatically, so you don't have to manually set it, when you got to www.website.com it will open your index.html

You can host it for free on several websites, but if you want to have a decent website, which doesn't seen to be the case, yes, you have to pay for it

BehemothBoy
BehemothBoy
33 posts
Nomad

Bloody hell guys, how hard is it to say what Captain_J_Sheridan said. It isn't that hard.

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Perhaps ask your teacher for the details again... shouldn't be too hard, and it'll save you a whole lot of trouble!
Having a certain space really helps, otherwise you'll have to set that up as well. Which in turn comes down to what Captain_J_Sheridan said... if you want a decent one, you'll have to pay for it.

Showing 1-10 of 10